• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
So now it's playing. But I'm so tired and its so late so no serious listening can be done.

But at least some impressions:

- No hard edges whatsoever.
- Still dont seem to lack resolution
- Things going on low down.
- It seem different - thats good!

It seem to have merits. Looking fwd to work and learn the product.

Loud blip/plop when cahnging song - not good.

Thanks Sören well done! And thanks for the help.

//

Last edited:
I2S Input just need the BCLK, LRCK and DAT signals, plus power to the ISO +3.3V to power the isolator chips.

The onboard isolators just also need power and gnd connected, you can take that from the regular nonisolated GND and +3.3V.

I'm a little confused. Does the I2S input need +3.3V AND gnd to power the onboard isolators as stated in post#921? Or no gnd?

Last edited:
Hi! Nice product you've got going here. I've got four boards arriving early next week. May I ask what's the reason for the narrow AC power requirement of 7-8V? Most transformers are either 6V og 9V, which is kind of inconvenient.

And also, you said that you didn't recommend running NOS due to the dirty measurements. Have you tried it without oversampling at 384kHz?

Jørgen