• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TSSA V1.7 mosfet Current feedback amp module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Sonny,

Merry Christmas and all the best to you in the holiday season!

Sent you a pm, but thought the answer might be of interest to others too.

I have got a 25vac Trafo and in SG it gives 38vdc out. Would it be possible to run it with the amp, or better to use a lower value one than?

It looks like 10% more than recommended max of 35vdc

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi Sonny,

Merry Christmas and all the best to you in the holiday season!

Sent you a pm, but thought the answer might be of interest to others too.

I have got a 25vac Trafo and in SG it gives 38vdc out. Would it be possible to run it with the amp, or better to use a lower value one than?

It looks like 10% more than recommended max of 35vdc

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hello Aradan.

The voltage will drop a little when the TSSA V1.7 starts to draw current in the bias.

So it is okay....

BR

Sonny

I think it has slightly different concept.

First of all it has balanced input :) And Sonny should have put the schematics in another thread which covers the DAC he has developed.

Would you like to get this one in addition to TSSA V2 ? :)

As far as I understand TSSA V2 might technically be a more powerful successor of TSSA v 1.7 and 1.8 having less heat dissipation and more power, the PSU boards are the same, the difference is in the Voltage used to drive them

I understood that when using a BL Drive board then a TSSA board is used for the positive part of the signal and a TSSA board for the negative part.

How to connect the HPs with the use of a BL Drive board ?
OUT of positive TSSA board on + HP and OUT of negative TSSA board on - HP?

Sonya, do you have two BL Drive boards available?

I would like to use 4 of my TSSA boards to power the low frequencies (up to 300 Hz) in an active amplification.

nounouchet

I just discovered post #203 with "BL drive V1.1 connection diagram.pdf".
It's Ok for the connection.

TSSA V1.7 in BL drive will to around 250Watt into 4R. In 2R the output power will be lower.
The TSSA 1.7 is given for 40W into 8 ohm with +/-35V. How to arrive at this result ?

My speaker is in 8 ohms. My PSU is +/-28V. I calculate 32W for output power.
But with BL drive how much power will I get ? The double ?

I use RCA connections and not XLR, does it have an impact for BL drive board ?

nounouchet

I just discovered post #203 with "BL drive V1.1 connection diagram.pdf".
It's Ok for the connection.

The TSSA 1.7 is given for 40W into 8 ohm with +/-35V. How to arrive at this result ?

My speaker is in 8 ohms. My PSU is +/-28V. I calculate 32W for output power.
But with BL drive how much power will I get ? The double ?

I use RCA connections and not XLR, does it have an impact for BL drive board ?

nounouchet

Hi Nounouchet.

Do you have the bl drive module.

In bl drive the amplifier looks into 4 ohm when driving an 8 ohm load.

So i would say 2,5 to 3 times more power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.