• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Zion, a ready made Phono Stage by the Paradise team

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RIFA is now Kemet. The range is SMR 100V. PPS is a very low distortion dielectric. Bateman has measured it in his epic series in Wireless World. It is a non polarized dielectric with a very low temperature coefficient. It is a Polycarbonate substitute.

The only thing where Polypropylene is better is lower dielectric apsorbtion but we do not have a sample and hold circuit here.

Last edited:
There is a small change in the circuit that should result in even less noise. I have also direct soldered a balanced connection now.

Attachments

• B1F4220C-D614-4A57-A868-ED2C385E10E4.jpg
    B1F4220C-D614-4A57-A868-ED2C385E10E4.jpg
    760.1 KB · Views: 563
That looks really weird but it works well nevertheless. I remember that we had a black and white TV with tubes. Sometimes men in blue suits came and changed some tubes. That where the days of raw and thunder.

I am happy to report that i got the latest version working. In fact i found 2 diodes that where burned. The 1N4148 I used to unload the low ESR 1000uF caps where simply too weak to survive. I am using now UF4007 and that works. The sound I get is very similar then before, so is the noise. At this moments I would say that both versions are very close in performance but I need a bit more time to confirm this judgement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.