• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AudioPower DPS-500-DA in GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well, I have some last good news,about the solution in better way for sure.

If some diy want, they can have the DPS-500 / S-64V last version with Power Unit-green color, as "DA". in this case, very oversized for 1 ch FO.
In practice with transformer for 2Kw repeatable peaks.

To apologize for the incident, in this GB, you can have the same price as "DA".

same measure,frame,Nichicon caps,only visible trafo different (tomorrow show pics).

At end, you have the performances and build quality at the top possible. :)

After I show the pics, I need the confirmed list.

It's are full ready. if it is a problem, we have some qty with blue pcb and some black opaque of "S" version.

Better of this, i'm not able. :wiz:

Last edited:
If some diy want, they can have the DPS-500 / S-64V last version with Power Unit-green color, as "DA". in this case, very oversized for 1 ch FO.
In practice with transformer for 2Kw repeatable peaks.

To apologize for the incident, in this GB, you can have the same price as "DA".

if this is same price, and same performance than the one tested by lC, then I m still with you for 2 units !
thank you for the good job for us

I hope that some, comprise this offer as my "madness", two "DPS-500/S-64V" version smps at price of one.

Thanks for confirming.

For list, simple write 2xDPS-500/S-64V. it include AL Frame.

Send me two samples of DPS-500/S-64V, I will send you DPS-500 back. What is the difference? Any pic? Same elcos?

I think the problem with one of DPS I have here is broken transformer, because it starts to click even at cold start and than shutdown at 65 C.

Can we make changeover soon?

Regards L.C.

Last edited:
Updated the GB list with the new version.
Eric06 and Edionysus still need to confirm.

danny_66 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame
pinnocchio 2x DPS-500/S-64V with frame
Eric06 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame ?
Catal 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame
Jokari69 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame
maxidcx 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame
Edionysus 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame ?

Last edited:
Updated the GB list with the new version.

Edionysus still need to confirm.

danny_66 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame
pinnocchio 2x DPS-500/S-64V with frame
Eric06 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame
Catal 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame
Jokari69 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame
maxidcx 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame
Edionysus 2x DPS-500/S-64V / with frame

Hi AP2,
Is this smps (adjusted to output +/-45V) suitable for bridged FO (500Wrms) ?
(One smps per channel)

Hi,
I'm sorry and thank you for the interest
but, as I have explained other times, all DPS-500 series, can supply one amp,independant of power.

if you allow me some advice, especially at this voltage, you can try the DPS-400, the S1 for sure. see on the sda thread last photo.
if not there are particular reasons in amplifier, then it can offer serious top audio performance. but honestly, I'm used to people who understand this by yourself. I mean, I find a difficult to explain why is god. :)

Last edited:
Hi,
Thank you for this question , this allows me to illustrate a voltage table , in reference to unreg psu . can help you choose the correct voltage .
The difference part from the lower voltage as 4V , up to 8V , in the case of 60V .
this means , for example your 45V , 41V can be chosen in the case of the DPS -500 . or should know that the excess power , if voltage is 45V .
Soon I'll put a simple software , where you can enter also,the total rdson Vs. rail (or emitter resistance fr bjt) , and you can read some parameters related to the load , even dynamic . Obviously the software is free .

The trim is used to adjust essentially about 3V total in the final test. can be used.
(the required voltage is obtained with the trim at 50 %)

The DPS-500/DA has a precise differential limiter , delay of 120ms 10A ( peak 14Amp allows repeatable) .

There are no problems if the current flows simultaneously in the two outputs (as bridge amp)
The DPS -500- xx series, loses the ultra fast adjustment in case the current is simultaneously on the two outputs , but with intensity not equal ( in case of stereo) .
But we have 1000 reasons for wanting a psu for each channel. :)

In the meantime , if anyone wants to calculate the power of the load, just know that I have fixed the drop vs.load between 10mV to 1V max (at 10A continuos )
As writed on the first pic, the voltage can be selected (at purchase ) between 36V to 60V , independant of 110/230Vac.

Not knowing what load (in your example) link your full balanced amps, I recommend using 1 DPS-500 / S in this case, for a couple of Amps.

You recommended 1 DPS-500 / S for a couple of Amps.

Is this a different smps ?

Ahhg! very sorry, today is not good day for me.
ehm..a bit nervous and not read well. I read as stereo sorry.

yes bridge is possible for sure and not problem for voltage, should be chosen to order.
In this version "S" up to +/-72v around.
sorry.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.