• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AudioPower DPS-500-DA in GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Yes strange, but when you want to know major differences, I adopt the same system, quickly turning the balance in mono.
Customer has made the first tests, only the high band...
we should ask him if he listened difference in this case :)

Attachments

• Mats-1.jpg
    Mats-1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 416
  • Mats-2.jpg
    Mats-2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 424
Hi,
Yes strange, but when you want to know major differences, I adopt the same system, quickly turning the balance in mono.
Customer has made the first tests, only the high band...
we should ask him if he listened difference in this case :)

Hi every one!!

I can see my amps!! Since Im running active speakers and want more power on low frekvensis I thought I might try AP powersupplys on N-core.
I started out to see if there were any nastines,, so I tryed it on treble
first..
And it just blowed the hypex smps of the track..
More air bigger sound stage with far better
precision ,,,and the pace rytm just flows,,!!
Im impressed,,looks like i need 6 more of these..

Mats.

Good Morning guys,
Ciao Mats,
I really appreciate your posting completely natural.
In this 1.5 years, only 4 people have talked about the DPS-500 in forum, (for me it is a mystery), especially in Class D, where there is no magic NFB, which can clean up the harmonic content, totally artifact by conduction via smps.

Regards

I have been at Mats house two nights in a row now to play this fabulous power supply. I find it hard the describe the improvements over smps 600 in words. The only thing that comes to mind is that it simply plays music!
This is a older picture of mats system:
IMG_4035.jpg

The Ncore powered by the Audiopower power supply is only driving the treble.
/Magnus

Last edited:
@ Yman: I appreciate your time spent listening, I hope that others can hear the differences offered by this smps for audio.

Info:
From 01/03/2014, customers who bought the shop to APower, who received this version.
is the new version of the Power-Unit, just to align with the DPA-400-Fxx.
Another novelty, that all smps, including the "magic" DPS-400 will mount the set Nichicon Audio-Grade, on all DC outputs.

and..., just out of curiosity, two companies in the field of high-end, in the range 150-200w per ch (A-B Class), after extensive listening tests, and measurements (6 months), have agreed to use the compact DPS-400 into their products.
The audio measurements, and listening tests, has passed the transformer with 2x47000uF. of course, they sent all the measurements, so they can be available.

The DPS-400 was equipped with 2x9200uF total, of Nichicon AG.

well, every now and then ... good news :)

Attachments

• DPS-500-S64.png
    DPS-500-S64.png
    713.9 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Hi Darb,
Both use same pcb version, the difference is in the power-units(trafo), just the "S" version is designed for high voltage,obvious with different current sustain in case of big.A-B class as 4-5 power devices on power stage for side.
This version of the "DA", dedicated to the first one amp also, the savings is about 65 €, complete set including Nichicon audio grade. One problem...in case of gb, i can offer only 25pz D/A version., others qty available on AudioPower shop.

Regards

You can only offer 25 pieces of D/A deal for the First One? I sure hope I'm on that list Roberto!

Hello music lovers,
I'm ready (given that I have a lot of work), I put the point well in this version for class AB, I have stressed this version at 61V 14Amp with repeated bursts on load.
I'll put new measures tomorrow. for me it is perfect from all points of view. after listening to my MosfetAmp (200mR total resistence Vs load), I am not able to listen to with a traditional smps. this is an absolute fact, so I can say .. and repeat. :)
I'm trying to convince you that it makes no sense to have a good amp, if we connect a poor smps, or 2x10000uF 50Hz transformer.
Yes, I know that we need two as dual mono but...to encourage, offering a price less than a smps for lamps :D

..We have the courage to produce an innovative smps which has a real cost of production, 3 times a smps similar. mean 100 pcs instead of 300 pcs. it is obvious that soon prices will go up. (my simple logical deduction)

Attachments

• DPS-500-DA-ABClass.png
    DPS-500-DA-ABClass.png
    896.1 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Hi,
Just a simple fft on 4R (42Vp). (without perfect condition of measures)
I left under clip the amplifier safely, for the time of the photo.:)

This HB-300 Mosfet Amp (2 mosfet x side) has great sound quality, even in the measurements, but have long been used in the lab, such as dynamic load. I mean, I can usually get better fft.
We have nothing about 100Hz (just some 50Hz flow from various cable)

I think it is useless to continue with measures, as you can see, at 350w, the voltage drop about 300mV.

Regards

Attachments

• Panoramic.png
    Panoramic.png
    896.3 KB · Views: 355
  • HB-300-DPS-500-DA-60V.png
    HB-300-DPS-500-DA-60V.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Hi,
Some have asked me, what happens at 100Hz or 60Hz with high current, eg. SIN continuos?
Also, I took the opportunity to test the robustness after the finishing touches on the feedback (becouse I changed with Nichicon, low ESR, the output capacitors)
Then have well stressed at 60Hz the psu.

We gain two things with the DPS-500. One is the natural sound (just see the fft, it contains only the harmonics inherent in the input signal, in this case 1Khz, no other signals. 18Khz to 40Khz to empty as you can see.
The second is dynamic, with impressive spl product, then change the "timbre" of all instruments with steep attack.

Well, I'm thinking about how to fix in the center of the case, 2xDPS-500/DA
Just to not use the Heatsink, if you have a bottom panel in aluminum

Regards

Attachments

• 100Hz-DPS-500-DA.jpg
    100Hz-DPS-500-DA.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 60Hz-DPS-500-DA.jpg
    60Hz-DPS-500-DA.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Panoramic2.jpg
    Panoramic2.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 100
Hi,
Last measure, just some have asked.. "why do not show both voltage rail?"

Well, burst 1Khz 33-66ms ; HB300 MosfetAmp (2mosfet x side)
v1= +61V
V2= -61V
Analog (Yellow) = Amp-output 8/4R
-----------------------------
wideband spectral measure 500kHz window
M= Output/4R/ 80Vpp
Input f=1Khz
----------------------------

I not comment but...I'm very corius to see this simple measure on other smps instead of..bla..bla..amazzing...sound.

regards

Attachments

• TEK-DPS-500-DA-Burst-8R.jpg
    TEK-DPS-500-DA-Burst-8R.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 83
  • TEK-DPS-500-DA-Burst-4R.jpg
    TEK-DPS-500-DA-Burst-4R.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 73
  • TEK-DPS-500-DA-FFT-4R.jpg
    TEK-DPS-500-DA-FFT-4R.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Panoramic-3.jpg
    Panoramic-3.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hi,
To simplify the assembly into the case, I made a simple aluminum frame.
Composed of a profile to "L" and a bottom plate 3mm thick.

in this case, we have two options.
complete as picture, if you do not have the case with aluminum under the plan.

without panel (only "L" profile ready to assemble), in case you have a case with internal bottom plate at least 2-3mm thick.

I repeated some thermal testing, with this frame. the temperature never exceeded 60 ° (ambient 27°) in the stressed condition.

For now we have 100 pieces of this frame, I hope it is also elegant. :)

Attachments

• DPS-500-DA-GB2014.jpg
    DPS-500-DA-GB2014.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DPS-500-DA-GB-Bottom.jpg
    DPS-500-DA-GB-Bottom.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DPS-500-DA-GB-Rear.jpg
    DPS-500-DA-GB-Rear.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Hi Roberto,

Does this frame come as standard for the PSU offered in this GB and is there any open ended wiring harness provided with the PSU that mate the on-board connectors ?
Shipping cost comes as extra? If yes, it would be nice to get some idea for these by picking some representative countries.

I think it would be nice if you could update your first post with a precise description of what exactly being offered here in order to set expectations. Currently, I must admit, I am a bit at a lost.

Thanks.

Hi Roberto,

Does this frame come as standard for the PSU offered in this GB and is there any open ended wiring harness provided with the PSU that mate the on-board connectors ?
Shipping cost comes as extra? If yes, it would be nice to get some idea for these by picking some representative countries.

I think it would be nice if you could update your first post with a precise description of what exactly being offered here in order to set expectations. Currently, I must admit, I am a bit at a lost.

Thanks.

You are right, the problem I started with the standard version of DPS-500/DA-58V (first post) and then considering the possibility of "First-One Amp by LC", I thought to make some simple changes to provide even others the chance to have this smps. for now everything is unclear.
I am preparing a table for expeditions, one for accessories, and of course a scheme of optimal connection.

Will still be available 2 versions of voltage (in this release with the Muses caps) 42-45v, and 59-62V.
I anticipate that in the first photo 80x40x30mm Heatsink is included in the low voltage version. those who want the frame, there will be a small difference €6.
This weekend I put.

Regards

Roberto

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.