• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Post #1 correctly shows valid price for First One L module. Lately I found four complete modules only without output mosfets. Ordered and already got matched ones from Exicon, which then were super matched to less than 1% Id deviation and paired them together. So next week these four First One L modules will be prepared to deliver to anyone interested. :xmastree:

Post #1 correctly shows valid price for First One L module. Lately I found four complete modules only without output mosfets. Ordered and already got matched ones from Exicon, which then were super matched to less than 1% Id deviation and paired them together. So next week these four First One L modules will be prepared to deliver to anyone interested. :xmastree:
Thanks.

Best wishes

Hi taccodude and all :)

New FO L modules recently installed in middle black box, accompanied with few MSB DAC-s to get better sound impression in our listening room. From this FO L - new FO M module will be born in 2018. My problem is that I earn more outside audio business so naturally more time spent there, consequently delays present in FO modules releases.

Wish you all successful 2018 with lots of audio adventures. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 890
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    857.2 KB · Views: 812
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    955.2 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 730
Hi taccodude and all :)

New FO L modules recently installed in middle black box, accompanied with few MSB DAC-s to get better sound impression in our listening room. From this FO L - new FO M module will be born in 2018. My problem is that I earn more outside audio business so naturally more time spent there, consequently delays present in FO modules releases.

Wish you all successful 2018 with lots of audio adventures. ;)

Thats a great news!!! :worship: :happy1:

:cheers:

Hi J.M.K.

Thanks for this link, I see RTX6001 audio analyzer is doing great job, also pleased with FO M performance. Later FO L has better PSRR since regulators were implemented on PCB.

Brand new First One Module from 02/2018 measures at one digit ppm THD at 100 W loading. Production units will be presented in May 2018, available only as ready made amplifiers.

BR, L.C.

Not at all, First One Modules will be offered to DIY community after we'll set the form and parameters. Most likely will be in the FO L module size and to be announced here in this thread later this year. I think DIY community deserves Class AB modules with the sound comparable to top level amps currently available on the market.

Not at all, First One Modules will be offered to DIY community after we'll set the form and parameters. Most likely will be in the FO L module size and to be announced here in this thread later this year. I think DIY community deserves Class AB modules with the sound comparable to top level amps currently available on the market.

So this means that when you decide, there will be only one form available and if its L modules, M is no more?

So you mean to say, it will not be the same caliber as the ready made FO amps that you will be selling in the market. And what do you mean by later this year? Is that around October to December? That's gonna be a long wait.

I´m very glad to hear that, L.C. Would be a great loss for DIY´ers if availabity ended, as up until now, your modules stand out, price/performancewise. :worship:

Last edited:
I´m very glad to hear that, L.C. Would be a great loss for DIY´ers if availabity ended, as up until now, your modules stand out, price/performancewise. :worship:

Funny thing happened today, the same day The very Last pair of First One L modules went to travel the world, on the same day new First One modules arrived. The day's Wednesday. The new one is from Hell.

finally@home SMPS recommendations?

Those last two modules found there home.

While searching the thread for SMPS recommendations I got somewhat overwelmed about all the discussions. It takes a lot of time working through every post with 'SMSP' trying to find the final conclusions on this subject.

Could someone make a summary of 'good' SMPS's? (maybe add this to the first post?) What was the SMPS finally selected for the group buy?

Thanks!

Rob

Best psu setup ?

Those last two modules found there home.

While searching the thread for SMPS recommendations I got somewhat overwelmed about all the discussions. It takes a lot of time working through every post with 'SMSP' trying to find the final conclusions on this subject.

Could someone make a summary of 'good' SMPS's? (maybe add this to the first post?) What was the SMPS finally selected for the group buy?

Thanks!

Rob

I guess there no definitive answer that woud apply to any setup !
This is all depending on the power you need and your type of speakers for instance.
I'm more than happy with my pair of Cresnet 600 / 47volts unreg
and no extra capacitors bank.

JMK