Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

First One - mosfet amplifier module
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th February 2018, 07:18 AM   #4091
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Hi J.M.K.

Thanks for this link, I see RTX6001 audio analyzer is doing great job, also pleased with FO M performance. Later FO L has better PSRR since regulators were implemented on PCB.

Brand new First One Module from 02/2018 measures at one digit ppm THD at 100 W loading. Production units will be presented in May 2018, available only as ready made amplifiers.

BR, L.C.
Old 14th February 2018, 08:01 AM   #4092
ClaudeG is offline ClaudeG
diyAudio Member

So is that the end of modules for DIYer regarding FO products?
Old 14th February 2018, 08:37 AM   #4093
diyAudio Member

Not at all, First One Modules will be offered to DIY community after we'll set the form and parameters. Most likely will be in the FO L module size and to be announced here in this thread later this year. I think DIY community deserves Class AB modules with the sound comparable to top level amps currently available on the market.
Old 14th February 2018, 09:08 AM   #4094
Bassivus is offline Bassivus  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
Not at all, First One Modules will be offered to DIY community after we'll set the form and parameters. Most likely will be in the FO L module size and to be announced here in this thread later this year. I think DIY community deserves Class AB modules with the sound comparable to top level amps currently available on the market.
So this means that when you decide, there will be only one form available and if its L modules, M is no more?
Old 14th February 2018, 12:26 PM   #4095
ClaudeG is offline ClaudeG
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the reply LC :-)
Old 15th February 2018, 05:08 AM   #4096
fredlock is offline fredlock  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So you mean to say, it will not be the same caliber as the ready made FO amps that you will be selling in the market. And what do you mean by later this year? Is that around October to December? That's gonna be a long wait.
Old 15th February 2018, 08:59 AM   #4097
Finnogangela is offline Finnogangela  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I´m very glad to hear that, L.C. Would be a great loss for DIY´ers if availabity ended, as up until now, your modules stand out, price/performancewise.

Last edited by Finnogangela; 15th February 2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 21st February 2018, 09:01 PM   #4098
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnogangela View Post
I´m very glad to hear that, L.C. Would be a great loss for DIY´ers if availabity ended, as up until now, your modules stand out, price/performancewise.
Funny thing happened today, the same day The very Last pair of First One L modules went to travel the world, on the same day new First One modules arrived. The day's Wednesday. The new one is from Hell.
Old 24th February 2018, 10:44 AM   #4099
RobSoet is offline RobSoet
diyAudio Member

Default finally@home SMPS recommendations?

Those last two modules found there home.

While searching the thread for SMPS recommendations I got somewhat overwelmed about all the discussions. It takes a lot of time working through every post with 'SMSP' trying to find the final conclusions on this subject.

Could someone make a summary of 'good' SMPS's? (maybe add this to the first post?) What was the SMPS finally selected for the group buy?

Thanks!

Rob
Old 24th February 2018, 11:56 AM   #4100
J.M.K is offline J.M.K  France
diyAudio Member

Default Best psu setup ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSoet View Post
Those last two modules found there home.

While searching the thread for SMPS recommendations I got somewhat overwelmed about all the discussions. It takes a lot of time working through every post with 'SMSP' trying to find the final conclusions on this subject.

Could someone make a summary of 'good' SMPS's? (maybe add this to the first post?) What was the SMPS finally selected for the group buy?

Thanks!

Rob
I guess there no definitive answer that woud apply to any setup !
This is all depending on the power you need and your type of speakers for instance.
I'm more than happy with my pair of Cresnet 600 / 47volts unreg
and no extra capacitors bank.

JMK

First One - mosfet amplifier moduleHide this!Advertise here!