Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

First One - mosfet amplifier module
First One - mosfet amplifier module
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2016, 06:41 PM   #3421
irribeo is offline irribeo  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Each smps has a fuse 12A slowblow on input already, so with 4A fuse for two combined you don't have to worry about those 12A fuses
Old 11th November 2016, 11:11 PM   #3422
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

One among many good things around in this thread is that people who rarely exercise electronics are now facing with almost unimaginable things for them, ever experienced before. That's superb, so let's do more science. 😎

🖥
Old 12th November 2016, 01:05 AM   #3423
fluid is offline fluid  Australia
diyAudio Member

4A for two supplies combined is still very low, I would buy some higher value fuses as well 8A or 10A otherwise you will have the fuses tripping when the amp provides more than 2A each. Those supplies can easily give 10A each and more.
Old 12th November 2016, 10:16 AM   #3424
Parap is offline Parap  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

8A fuse did the trick, relais clicked and everything measures good. Next step is connecting the amp boards
Old 12th November 2016, 01:52 PM   #3425
maxlorenz is offline maxlorenz  Chile
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
One among many good things around in this thread is that people who rarely exercise electronics are now facing with almost unimaginable things for them, ever experienced before. That's superb, so let's do more science. 😎

🖥
Ah! Good Techno music from the early 80's, if I recall well, when I was 15 or so...

Thank you for that one.
M.
Old 12th November 2016, 03:12 PM   #3426
Bassivus is offline Bassivus  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post

🖥
Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
Old 13th November 2016, 10:42 AM   #3427
J.M.K is offline J.M.K  France
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Fried module ! :(

I'm not very proud of this .........
But completely my fault !
Short on the output, with a non isolated RCA connector

JMK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fried1.jpg (524.7 KB, 508 views)
File Type: jpg fried2.jpg (158.6 KB, 485 views)
Old 13th November 2016, 03:09 PM   #3428
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

No regrets here, we're all learning from our mistakes, some hidden, some more obvious like the one on second picture. Luckily by using the First One module all these repairable in no time. 😎

As seen from fractured and burnt mosfet, quite large energy burst happened. 💥
Old 13th November 2016, 07:30 PM   #3429
Mark Verhoeven is offline Mark Verhoeven  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid View Post
Hi Guys,

I have just finished my new First One 1.4M build with SMPS600 from Cresnet and some capacitor boards that I got very cheap from Taobao.
Fluid,

I am interested in buying those capacitor boards, but I realy don't know how to communicate as I only can find a Chinese website. Can you help me out?

Mark.
Old 14th November 2016, 12:15 AM   #3430
fluid is offline fluid  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Verhoeven View Post
Fluid,

I am interested in buying those capacitor boards, but I realy don't know how to communicate as I only can find a Chinese website. Can you help me out?

Mark.
Yes, buying anything from Taobao can be a bit difficult.

This is the place where I bought the boards from.

https://world.taobao.com/item/520440...u=e2o2hn3cca58

I recommend using Google Chrome as a browser as it it will translate the page for you into a language you can understand. Google is bad at translating Chinese but it will give you something you can understand.

Sometimes you can find the same items on aliexpress for a higher price but buying them is easier as the postage is usually included.

I managed to find the same board on aliexpress for you
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-...0-ea2a733bcf36

I found it by copying the english translated description of the board and searching that on aliexpress or google.

The other alternative for most countries is using a taobao agent who will buy the item for you and then send it to you for a fee. Shipping for one off items is expensive though.

For once living in Australia has made it easier to buy things as Taobao will act as an agent and ship to Australia. Although the language barrier still makes it a challenge!

Hope that helps

First One - mosfet amplifier moduleHide this!Advertise here!