• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Thanks Christophe

Both gentlemans welcome to send the suitable samples, I would be more than glad to test and compare all three SMPS-s. :yes:
Good Morning,
Ok , Gentleman answers
In the case of the DPS -500 / S , I'm not alone to decide , as I have said on other occasions .
So it seems only right to ask for some features of your amp, in order to formulate a precise offer . I can make today.
How much is the total rds -on (one side ) ?
"Potentially " what can be the minimum amount ?

The DPS- 500 / S needs ( in your case ) to be mounted in the center of the case , and use the bottom panel to dissipate heat , this means that the thickness can not be less than 3mm ( or must be added as rectangle , a panel , with spacers detached from the base of your case).

The problem is that the actual cost of production of 1 DPS -500 / S is 5-6 times a traditional smps same power output, in addition, to the use of expensive parts ( ceramic insulators , Rubbycon 105 ° , EMI filter , etc. .. etc , it uses a special custom transformer ( as described on the datasheet) , composed of 4 cores and eight assembled parts. the certified power of this power -unit is 2.5 kW , without a fan .
I think you should know this , or does not make sense the comparison .
An SMPS for audio amplifier , can not be judged solely from the voltage and current.
These are a few questions to see if we can create a discount for GB, if we can better adapt this smps to your good amplifier.
If you want to offer a product as ended , you have to evaluate all of this.
different is when you sell the pieces , and then everyone decides what to mount .
Obvious, this is my opinion :)

If we find a meeting point, with perfect adaptation of smps also, then I can send you two DPS-500 / S.

Roberto

Last edited:
Hi Roberto

Well, basic need is a good price for GB members, in a range of SMPS1200 or so. It should give stable +/-63 V voltage and currents up to 10 A rms if possible. So far I found a lot of producers of power amps SMPS-s, but up to now quality/price ratio is on SMPS1200 side. Be the one who changes this. ;)

Hi Roberto

Well, basic need is a good price for GB members, in a range of SMPS1200 or so. It should give stable +/-63 V voltage and currents up to 10 A rms if possible. So far I found a lot of producers of power amps SMPS-s, but up to now quality/price ratio is on SMPS1200 side. Be the one who changes this. ;)
Ok, understand well.
Please, what is the total rds-on on one side? i need this for calculate well some things, and then place in thread.

Hi,
I'm waiting for the response from the AP, to make a bid in the event of gb.

In the meantime, considering I repeat: if a PSU has a small decrease under the transients, the choice of the voltage-to-use, is different from a traditional psu.
But it seems that many people overlook this aspect.
This is the behavior of the First One Amp (if the rds-on by LC is correct), with a DPS-500 / S.
Simple 4R on resistive load.
Later, I put what happens (in terms of power) when the load is reactive, as a good 3-way speaker with passive crossover.
This is to say, if unregulated 63V smps've chosen, this means that a DPS-500 / S, must have 58V-60V Max. After this, everyone is free to choose the voltage that want.
I however, knowing the structure and the response of this special smps, I have to give this information.

Attachments

• DPS-500-S-63V to First One Amp.png
    DPS-500-S-63V to First One Amp.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 909
Last edited:
Ah..I agree for sure on this. (fixed voltage).
Just I advice for 60.5V instead of 63V but just my opinion,for sure DPS-500/S not have problem with current,also it is well protect as you can try well.

Regards

Attachments

• DPS-500-S-63V to First One Amp-2-7R.png
    DPS-500-S-63V to First One Amp-2-7R.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,137
What about as, we will go for balanced configuration ?

One DPS-500/S is enough to power 2 amp. modules at +- 45v ?

Can we modify DPS-500/S for that ?

Hi,
I perceive that in this way, it is confusing.
If you have not been following the latest discussions, it is easy to mistake the interpretation of the pic that I put.
For this reason, it is best that I explain in the thread "DPS-500" dedicated to the use, behavior, and the right choice of voltage, with calculations, Measures and photos.
------
Yes, the DPS-500 / S can power two amps in full balanced config. (can not power two amps as stereo)
----
well, I got a discount of 15% (for qty min 20pz) for the version DPS-500/S-64V. Now there is to see some customization in the case of GB, also "mechanical" to facilitate mounting in the center of the case (there are some parts that include a Heatsink, in order to transform two DPS-500 / S as Mono-Block ), in agreement with LC (if we start). Today I put on my thread, even these parts.

Regrds

Last edited:
Hi,
I perceive that in this way, it is confusing.
If you have not been following the latest discussions, it is easy to mistake the interpretation of the pic that I put.
For this reason, it is best that I explain in the thread "DPS-500" dedicated to the use, behavior, and the right choice of voltage, with calculations, Measures and photos.
------
Yes, the DPS-500 / S can power two amps in full balanced config. (can not power two amps as stereo)
----
well, I got a discount of 15% (for qty min 20pz) for the version DPS-500/S-64V. Now there is to see some customization in the case of GB, also "mechanical" to facilitate mounting in the center of the case (there are some parts that include a Heatsink, in order to transform two DPS-500 / S as Mono-Block ), in agreement with LC (if we start). Today I put on my thread, even these parts.
Regrds

In balanced configuration, the supply voltage is max.+/-45 V
Will be an offer for that voltage ?

Last edited:
Yes, like customization, I was referring also to this. I'm very busy and I'm delaying 1-2 days to put on "DPS-500" thread, the various versions, and what we can do.

Apologize for this, but I do not want to monopolize this thread, also, it is right that everyone remains free to choose the smps she wants.

For the discount obtained, maybe you can think of that is small, but on my thread I will explain (as best I can), how is made the DPS-500 / S series, also with photos of the transformer, and because it costs a lot.etc etc.

Regards

One thing i should write about PSUs in audio amp, is the sonic advantage of the use of a single unit for both channels.
- It offers a better stereophonic "image", more 'stable' as the two channels will behave the same during high levels transients.
- Will provide more instantaneous current for each channel during a signle channel transient.
- It is less expensive.

The only negative point is the care to be taken to be aware of ground loops problems. Not a big issue, solutions are well known.

Christophe: Thank you for invitation,
Andrej: please contact me by email for details to proceed, as the forum PM's which I sent you seems that are not getting through.
SMPS2000R Connexelectronic has slightly lower price for one piece (discount for GB quantities) than the price of the SMPS considered for this project earlier, while its output voltage is fully regulated, adjustable within approx. 10% limit and able to deliver 16A on each rail if output voltage is set for +-63V and up to 21A peak current. More details can be found in the manual: http://www.connexelectronic.com/documents/SMPS2000R.pdf