• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New e-shop for DIY and electronic tube made in Switzerland

Hello everyone,

A view of my DAC Officina with my specific modules!
Specificities and Modular Plug and Play and resolutely musical!

Note: officina concept prototype case

Attachments

• DAC_S3.jpg
    DAC_S3.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DAC_Officina_brut_BR.jpg
    DAC_Officina_brut_BR.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Tube_Out_Détail_3.JPG
    Tube_Out_Détail_3.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Tube_out_2.JPG
    Tube_out_2.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Fly_Tube_Out.pdf
    147.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Alim_EZ80_1.JPG
    Alim_EZ80_1.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC01900.JPG
    DSC01900.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Fly_Alim_EZ_80.pdf
    156.5 KB · Views: 68
Analog tube output for DAC and Power supply with valve EZ80

Hello everyone,

For reasons rather subjective and probably also to meet future technical choice, my desire to start to achieve this was to use analog stage and foremost get very good performance with a single tube. Therefore, the choice of the tube takes a prominent place for reproduction and sound texture. So I used a tube of Our ecc88/6DJ8 kind that I like, and it is good because it makes us well.

That said, the technical reason which I refer above and the ability to easily implement the following line transformer, Type Single End. In this context, we can according to the characteristics of the transformer and / or tube used also have the opportunity to put the two triodes in the same tube in parallel to double the current and thus divide the internal resistance of the tube.

Of course, other configurations have also given very good results, especially with regard to rendering and output impedance, but that would automatically require the use of a tube per channel on one hand and have decreased somewhat our room for the simple implementation and optimized configuration with a line transformer or single-ended.

Looking at the diagram (Appendix) we can say that the scheme itself is called nothing special, except the ability to select via an inverter load anode or by Resistance by CCS. Then if you look closer, you will notice that the design and the general routing offer some features that everyone can enjoy and / or optimized according to these tastes.

My DAC Officina in Youtube:

Dac Officina vue 1 - YouTube
For more pictures text and images in my Blogg
DAC Nos Réalisation d'un projet

Features: Module Analog Stage for DAC and Préamp or SE configuration

- Ultra compact 90 x 100mm.
- Routing dual-mono power supplies.
- Mundorf Supreme capacitors links
- Decoupling cathode by ELNA SILMIC II
- Screw terminals for connections. No son to weld!
- Bridge or inverter for the decoupling option cathode.
- Or bridge inverter for use in a TMS anode load.
- Local decoupling each triode with condos PolyPropylene (2.2 uF).
- Opportunities to implement various configurations in the Low Pass filter input.

For your information, there is also a professional version with the famous reference Our e188cc. The latter is very popular among music lovers, it offers subjectively superior quality but at a much higher price. However, a Russian equivalent exists with excellent tube 6N23P-EV.

Moreover, with regard to the CCS, I tested and measured different types of CCS anode load, and the latest one I finally selected and Cascode CCS. Thereafter, I finally used small adjustable modules (kits) almost ready and really cheap ($ 14) KandKaudio. I strongly advise all those who wish to quickly and easily implement their tube stages with Cascode CCS, the use of these small modules really convenient. Of course, if you wish, you can implement your own CCS or other circuits.

Here the direct link: K & K Audio - Lundahl Transformers, audio DIY kits and more

Well, I think I will go a little farther to a musical performance above the average, to a musical performance in relief, which provides emotion and finally a great pleasure.

And then, believe me, it is much more than the high fidelity reproduction!

Best regards. Tony

If you want you can have an overview of the project and the docs in pdf visiting the link below:
Free DAC Réalisation d'un projet - ELEKTOR.fr | Électronique : Analogique Numérique Embarqué Microcontrôleurs Audio Test Mesure

I also join in this same thread a description and some views of the power module base valve EZ_80

The diet of these features and EZ_80 Power supply module.

As you can see from this view both real images, this power adapter is very compact. This course supports all components as shown in the diagram. On the other hand, it should also be the distinction of being independent, modular and can be adapted easily to a given configuration. Here it feeds the output stage of my tube DAC, but it could also power a preamplifier and / or a small SE, if two or more was considered a mono-amplifier configuration.

Features Module Power Supply with valve EZ_80 :

HT Fuse (80mA)
Compact 100 x 160mm
Optimized routing masses.
Molded transformers integrated.
Routing power dual-mono tracks.
Connectors for all connections. No son to weld!
Smoothing capacitor (CL) 33uF/400Vdc Mundorf polypropylene.
Capacitors Ballast choice: 2 x 2 x 100uF/400Vdc or 220uF/400Vdc.
A choice according to location 1 or 2 decoupled available with terminal connections for chokes and / or Resistors channels.
One section complete and adjustable control for power filaments. (According Secondary Used: LM317T or LDO LT)

Current capacity: Characteristics of env.90mA EZ80 valve. Note: I have also little specific chokes (9H @ 120mA/132E)

Best regards. Tony

Hello Myint67,

Interesting line pre amp
Can I buy kit ?
Yes I do sometimes sell some kits depending on my PCB stock.

Since I have several preamplifiers you would have to tell me exactly what you would like to do. So I can better advise and / or help you.

For your information, there is a Swiss forum where I describe various of my products you can without others register to visualize diagram or other or ask me questions inherent to their achievements. It's here: Officina Tron-audio

Do not hesitate to contact me for info or other.

Greetings. Tony