• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SDA-400 Professional multi-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interesting! I'll wait for the custom case.
As far I understood (sorry, it's Monday and I'm totally numb, maybe you've already said it), it's a complete kit PSU+AMP stereo (or dual mono?) + case... ready for my noobish hands? :innocent:
Hi,Thanks for your interest.
yes, we have the MDA-400 dual mono (module, complete with integrated special smps for audio) input board, cable, all connectors.
and, at short, the case for dual mono integrated (2 x MDA-400 in one case, or the single mono case (need two for stereo).
Please, see some pics on the thread.

Hi,Thanks for your interest.
yes, we have the MDA-400 dual mono (module, complete with integrated special smps for audio) input board, cable, all connectors.
and, at short, the case for dual mono integrated (2 x MDA-400 in one case, or the single mono case (need two for stereo).
Please, see some pics on the thread.

I was just looking at the pics... really really nice.
Can you PM how much is the lot?* I mean 2xMDA-400 in single case.

Dunno if I can be usefull as a tester. :eek:

Thanks a lot!

*lol, just read you post before... sorry! :p

Last edited:
The return of the MDA-400 :cheers:

Attachments

• DSCN3651.JPG
    DSCN3651.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 178
What type of led do I use for indicating clip fault on/off?

Hi ,
You can connect direct on CN (input pcb) without res.
Right "CLIP" is better orange High-Light. (others as generic LED)
For on/off, you can use simple 1-pole permanent switch, connected on CN5(2PIN) and add a Led in parallel,via resistor 470R-1K depeand light.(see polarity on CN5)
Blink at start and immediately turns off. Simple scheme is on thread.

Hello Amateurs,
I'm ready to offer the first High-End in Kit.
Two version:
The Mda-400-Kit1:
Complete of all in photo (need only a empity case 1U)
The MDA-400-Kit2:
Includes stereo case, 4 color top/bottom cover available (of 6 final)
-----------
Power Output 2x340w (4R) 2x520w (2R) SIN 1Khz
-----------
Both kits, they use anodized aluminum frame, which allows easy mounting in any case 1U, as well as offering a product tested in terms of EMI / RFI shielding and thermal performance. (the maximum excursion as Delta, is 25 ° in any condition of use.
The kit also,includes 4x special wire (for speaker connection), made ​​of pure copper 2mm diameter, solid (very flexible), covered with a polyester sheath.

This ultra compact dual mono, has a current into the load of 32amp peak per channel, perfectly repeatable as audio transients.

....A good reason to listen good music or... impress your friends :)

--------------
P.S. I want to take this opportunity in this forum, so I need a list this week, just to know if I can keep confidential the 20 kit that I have.
Needless to say, in a week, I received from 'Italy 60 order (1 week), do yourself a little deal.

Continue...

Attachments

• MDA-400-Kit1-A.png
    MDA-400-Kit1-A.png
    910.2 KB · Views: 196
  • MDA-400-Kit1-B.png
    MDA-400-Kit1-B.png
    905.5 KB · Views: 304
  • MDA-400-Kit1-C.jpg
    MDA-400-Kit1-C.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 179
  • MDA-400-Kit1-D.jpg
    MDA-400-Kit1-D.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
I received my package :) ... Impressed by the packaging, very nice...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The quality of the whole is more than excellent, I would quickly connect all this to apreciate this quality amp but ...
But i'm missing some connectors ...
There were only 4 parts thereof, (and I've broken one ...)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And no molex 4 pin...

The sink hole is too small for the screws;

Ok these are just details ...
I have to buy some components for another project. I become crazy wenn i try to find everything I'm looking for ...
Roberto can you give me references/name (or a link) of connectors for the Colour Coded Ribbon Cables because I can not find this product ...

Is there a need for a heatsink for sda400 module?

good day,
Dear Darb, is a cruel fate, nice products with some stupid mistakes, I am mortified by these happened.
For the heatsink, this is a defect in the mechanical processing.
Ah .. no doubt about that, right now I have a person only for the control of all the parts, one by one before the closing of the package.

To see the connector IDC10PIN it.farnell.com/amphenol/t812110a100ceu/socket-idc-2-54mm-a-10-vie/dp/2215232.
For the Heatsink, you have the possibility to increase the hole at 7mm diameter x 6 mm depth?
------
The SDA-400 does not require a Heatsink, if you can find a simple "L", it can make better fitting.
-----
What kind of speakers do you have? The SDA + DPS-500/52V, has considerable fast high-current on load....you can imagine, only when you listen to :)
P.S.
If you do not have urgency (as one wek), I can ship small packages, via Post-IT.
Obviously replace the Heatsink also.
Your country is strangely expensive via UPS, I paid 60 €

Thank you for the information Roberto,

I have found the amphenol connector one minute before you reply me... @ farnell...
But i can't find the "molex" female 4 pin that goes on the sda400... I not understand, it's a common connector...
Did you have a link on farnell web site?
For the heatsink it's not a problem, a friend can help me for making this hole a little bit bigger

Don't worry for this very little mistakes...

My speaker are DIY and i am going to make a system with active multi amplification. Your sda400 will be used for bass, for this I need a amp with good damping factor and here I think your system will be perfect. In the meantime I will use your amplifier only... when it will be ready ...

Thank you for the information Roberto,

I have found the amphenol connector one minute before you reply me... @ farnell...
But i can't find the "molex" female 4 pin that goes on the sda400... I not understand, it's a common connector...
Did you have a link on farnell web site?
For the heatsink it's not a problem, a friend can help me for making this hole a little bit bigger

Don't worry for this very little mistakes...

My speaker are DIY and i am going to make a system with active multi amplification. Your sda400 will be used for bass, for this I need a amp with good damping factor and here I think your system will be perfect. In the meantime I will use your amplifier only... when it will be ready ...

Is a normal female connector, 2.54 step,in line, made ​​by many manufacturers.
We buy directly, so I do not know at the distributors good for DIY.

I find this at Mouser. seem that molex changed the shape.. :confused:

Attachments

• Molex4Pin.png
    Molex4Pin.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 64
Hi,
The dimensions can help to choose a enclosure different. in this forum and on ebay, there are some nice case compact, cost around U.S. $ 30-40.
Thanks to the frame in AL, mounts easily with 4 screws.

If Your case have 50mm internal height, PBTU-3 can assembly in vertical also,this reduce depth -25mm

Regards

Attachments

• MDA-400-Dimensions.png
    MDA-400-Dimensions.png
    972.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hello,

I'm in for a kit 2. I'd like to know the price though :D

Hello Amateurs,
I'm ready to offer the first High-End in Kit.
Two version:
The Mda-400-Kit1:
Complete of all in photo (need only a empity case 1U)
The MDA-400-Kit2:
Includes stereo case, 4 color top/bottom cover available (of 6 final)
-----------
Power Output 2x340w (4R) 2x520w (2R) SIN 1Khz
-----------
Both kits, they use anodized aluminum frame, which allows easy mounting in any case 1U, as well as offering a product tested in terms of EMI / RFI shielding and thermal performance. (the maximum excursion as Delta, is 25 ° in any condition of use.
The kit also,includes 4x special wire (for speaker connection), made ​​of pure copper 2mm diameter, solid (very flexible), covered with a polyester sheath.

This ultra compact dual mono, has a current into the load of 32amp peak per channel, perfectly repeatable as audio transients.

....A good reason to listen good music or... impress your friends :)

--------------
P.S. I want to take this opportunity in this forum, so I need a list this week, just to know if I can keep confidential the 20 kit that I have.
Needless to say, in a week, I received from 'Italy 60 order (1 week), do yourself a little deal.

Continue...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.