• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SDA-400 Professional multi-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Alexandre,
follow well this practice scheme and info.
Btw: is very simple if you use input board, it is sufficient a normal pliers to close the two parts of the connector 10Pin, as in pic.
(Repeat a small pressure on right/left side of connector)
----------------------------------------
INFO:
Tried a DPS-500/DA at + /-56V, the MOSFET amp HB-300 that I use as dynamic load (two per side mosfet IRPF250). it quiet running with power output of 312W 1kHz SIN (4R), and burst 1Khz 338w (33-66ms) 4R
1Khz (2R) Sin = 576w.

I think that may be an acceptable power for the home, whereas fast attacks, such as drums, etc., are very dry and deep thanks to DPS-500/DA that responds well to audio transients.

At Moderators: Can I open a new thread for DPS-500?

Regards

Attachments

• DPS-400-SDA-400-4-2CH.jpg
    DPS-400-SDA-400-4-2CH.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
hello Roberto,

I d like to buy a DPS-500/DA at 52V at the GB price. If I m not mistaken, you said you have 2 available. Can you please send MP

by the way, any tracking number for me ?

can you please clarifies who pays the paypal fee in transcations with you ?

Thank you
Hi, yes I have two ready at +/-52V+ AUX +/-22V 2x250mA filtered well, not regulated.
Complete of Heatsink (magnesium powder version) and blue pcb.
Pm
-----
For PayPal, I checked for both parcel shipping, sorry, you are right, payed two.
but I see you have not well calculate tax-PayPal, I received € -15. on total price.
Send me your email,I send the PayPal ticket as pic.
I never said how much money I lost. :)

Regards

Last edited:
MDA-400 the return :)

Hi,
This version was revised Ripple filter, Main Cap filter and output voltage + /-58V (230V) instead of 52V.
4 Kits available.
Price ...€ 300 + Ups ship. (Includes all components as in photo and are ready,final test incluse).

Regards

Attachments

• MDA-400-DualMono.jpg
    MDA-400-DualMono.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 226
Hello Roberto,

from a PM you sent me, it seems we cannot use the DPS-500/DA with 2 amps in paralell, due to the fast regulation ? am I right ?
this means we need 2 x DPS-500/DA for a stereo "First One" configuration ?

I m sure the answer will be of interrest of others, thats why I m using the forum thread

Hello Roberto,

from a PM you sent me, it seems we cannot use the DPS-500/DA with 2 amps in paralell, due to the fast regulation ? am I right ?
this means we need 2 x DPS-500/DA for a stereo "First One" configuration ?

I m sure the answer will be of interrest of others, thats why I m using the forum thread
Hi, yes, maybe to some it may seem a little strange, but if you think carefully, it is obvious.
The DPS-500/xx series can power 2 amps, will not damage obviously, but the behavior falls as unregulated smps. this is due to the two feedback (one per rail). this smps is designed with the sole intention of getting a smps for audio that does not alter the harmonic content of the amplifier, and with a very fast response, according to the audio transients.
The first difference, it is right on the audio measurements(some companies know well).
DPS-500 provides a flat response in the segment 10Hz to 400Hz. (as well the unreg DPS-400)
I also add that the DPS-500/DA (my idea), has restored the DPS-600 provide for a special performance at the most affordable price.

Also, this topic is dealt (with measurements) in thread "Amp Wire"
Regards

Last edited:
I have just ordered four chassis and one is for Kit # 3

I will get going on this as soon as I receive them

Thanks
Do
Hi,
Well, I'm very curious to see a montage done well.
Of 2 GB, until now (except Good Nikola), I have not seen anything about the listening impressions. I know that the modules are well behaved, but just to see if I can be of help. :)

I'm ready for the new thread dedicated exclusively to DPS-500/xx series, with measurements, photos and some explanations on the operation.

P.S. Tomorrow I send the parcel with ELNA caps etc..
Need something ?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
:Popworm::D small change of plans

my 2x 400watt will have optional active woofer xo built in, with bass EQ

and I have my front plate design finished
this one is for the bass guitar amp
(working on another front for my stereo amp)

Attachments

• IMG_0980 duo.jpg
    IMG_0980 duo.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 184
How much is a 2CH kit + shipping to Denmark? I asked for a 4CH previously, but i would really like to try these babies out first!

Hi,
I have last Kit-1 as pic (Dual Mono)
€246 (instead of 420€) incluse shipping to your country.
See pic of babies..;)
Last modules available discounted:
1xKit-1
1xKit-3
1Kit-8
1xKit-10
2xDPS-500/DA +/-42V-44V
2xDPS-500/DA +/-52V-54V

Attachments

• F-Kit-1-230Vac.jpg
    F-Kit-1-230Vac.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 154
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.