• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My ES9018 DAC/Amp/Controller..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Quick Update

Hi Everybody,

I've started populating the new DAC and I/V amplifier board to make sure everything works. The new changes are minor but I want to be 100% sure that everything works before going into full production. The PCM/DSD and S/PDIF input boards, OLED control board, and power supplies will be here next week.

The plan over the next two to three weeks is to complete another DAC build including all the new boards. I thought about skipping this step since I've done so much testing already but experience tells me the added time and expense will be well worth it and give me peace of mind.

I don't anticipate this will push back my previous schedule too much. I still plan on being ready to take orders in December, and go into full production sometime in January.

Best regards,

Al

Last edited:
Hi Alex!
My Fav DAC chip and Fav open-development baord. Nothing could be better.
I just got a Cambridge Dacmagic for my Stero setup ( NAD 320BEE/KEF Q300), which could not win over my makeshift Audioengine D1 - the limitation of 16bit in USB mode on CA Dacmagic sucks.

So here is what I need:
1. The 2.1 Stereo output (Yes, a nicely done sub out is great)
2. No Amp stage. Only balanced RCA.
3. Take advantage of of input sectors:
a. 3x S/PDIF
b. 3x Coaxial
c. 2x Asynch USB.

Do let me know the price of the kit/PCB of for my required setup.

Eagerly waiting for your announcement of the board.

Hi Kuribo,

Thanks for the continued interest. I've been working on lowering cost as much as I can. Pricing will be similar to lower than other ES9018 kits currently available. I'll announce the numbers early next month after I'm done building and testing all the new boards. Stay tuned for pics of the new build. December will be a very busy month. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Al

Hi AAK,
I posted earlier with less understanding. I am having a Stereo Setup and using CA Dacmagic to power my Amp, and using 2xS/PDIF inputs. I am not very impressed with the CA DAC and would like to upgrade that DAC and somehow get a Sub. I looked at commercially available Pre Processors like Emotiva UMC-200 and Outlaw 975. I would need a unique configuration from you, somewhere between 8-Channel and 2 channel where you apply HPF on L-R channels and a LPF for Sub Channels, and 3 I/V for the L,R and Sub. I would also need the 1xUSB , 2xSPDIF and rest Coax.

Could you please see if your current designed be scaled to this kind of configuration with MCU, 3 I/V and other input boards.

Regards,
Ujjwal

Hi Ujjwal,

My design can be configured to work with your application, no problem. The DAC/Amp output section supports up to 8 channels. The input section can handle up to 8 S/PDIF channels, balanced AES/EBU, Coaxial, Optical are all supported and can be configured in any combination you want. The input section also supports two stereo or multichannel I2S/DSD inputs.

Best regards,

Al

Last edited:
Hi Alexandre,

Not yet, I've been way to busy with my regular job, and testing all the new boards on my free time. I'll need the holiday break to get it done. I'll do my best to announce pricing for the entire kit by the end of the month.

There is some good news to report though. The new DAC PCB works beautifully and sounds great. I also modified the firmware so the OLED displays volume with 9 characters per digit instead of one. The numbers can now be seen clear across the room.

Best regards,

Al

Hi Al !

Please Add me for a dual mono kit list . I would need the main DAC, MCU/Rotary, I/Vfor dual mono,XLR out, 2xUSB , 1xSPDIF boards and the PSU,possibly with some changes.
OLED displays is fantastic upgrade from regular LCD disp. Bravo!
I would like to know if I can connect on the output I/V headphones with an impedance 32 ohms? Thanks!

Hi Everybody,

I've attached a couple pics showing the OLED display set up with larger volume characters, and a pic of two of the new DAC boards stacked operating in stereo with 8 DACs in parallel/channel.

Best regards,

Al

Attachments

• CIMG2314.jpg
    CIMG2314.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 738
  • CIMG2313.jpg
    CIMG2313.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.