• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 148505

Have you been able to finish any of the new boards and test?

Not yet finished, I was busy tweaking my modified BAKSA which I started assembling years ago.

For the JLAudiophile-250D, the speaker protection part is already tested. It's almost finished but I have some parts that did not arrive yet. I also have to go to aluminum shop first to have the heatsinks cut. I'll finish it within 2 weeks. :)

D

Deleted member 148505

Done right the first time. :)

I just used components on my parts bin because the items I ordered from mouser was taxed almost the same price of the items I ordered. So I refused to receive my package. Our bureau of customs here sucks.

I used IRFB5615, 18uh T106-6 Inductor, +-35VDC rails. The osc. freq. is 365kHz when the trimmer is 0 ohm.

No hiss, tweeter is dead silent when connected (unlike other ebay irs2092 designs). As expected with IRS2092 based amps, it has a very good sound. :)

The heatspreader and the inductor don't even get warm after 30mins, but I'm using +-35VDC rails which explains why voltage regulator for mosfet driver emits minimum heat.

I'll replace the inductor later with Coilcraft AGP2923-223KL.

Attachments

• 13656826895_06a4c02585_h.jpg
    13656826895_06a4c02585_h.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 778
  • 13657165194_1e1578bfca_h.jpg
    13657165194_1e1578bfca_h.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 670
  • schem.PNG
    schem.PNG
    113.3 KB · Views: 727
Last edited by a moderator:
Done right the first time. :)

I just used components on my parts bin because the items I ordered from mouser was taxed almost the same price of the items I ordered. So I refused to receive my package. Our bureau of customs here sucks.

I used IRFB5615, 18uh T106-6 Inductor, +-35VDC rails. The osc. freq. is 365kHz when the trimmer is 0 ohm.

No hiss, tweeter is dead silent when connected (unlike other ebay irs2092 designs). As expected with IRS2092 based amps, it has a very good sound. :)

The heatspreader and the inductor don't even get warm after 30mins, but I'm using +-35VDC rails which explains why voltage regulator for mosfet driver emits minimum heat.

I'll replace the inductor later with Coilcraft AGP2923-223KL.
why do you think this design has very low noise?

do you think that using boutique components in certain places would improve the sound?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 148505

why do you think this design has very low noise?

The layout is an important consideration for noise, my layout looks simple but if you examine it closely, the parts are positioned carefully to minimize current loops. Bypass caps are very close to the supply pins of the IC and the mosfets, no compromises have been made ;) . And I used different shielding planes for noise sensitive areas and noise generating areas which minimizes the noise coupling between them.

do you think that using boutique components in certain places would improve the sound?
One thing you can experiment with is the input cap. I think there is no need for boutique components in other places because IRAUDAMP7 already uses mosfets with good key parameters, and has a good deadtime setting. The choice of low pass filter components also affects the THD. The filter cap should be of polypropylene type for low distortion. And use good inductor, like the Sagami 7G17A which uses OFC wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.