• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Various by esl-fan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't recommend plexiglass, it will melt when soldered on. If you can get electrical fiberglass (G10 or the pink stuff) or phenolic, you'll have a better time. Or even just a hunk of plywood, if you don't mind the smell. Not exactly electrical anymore but it won't melt/burn as fast as plexiglass.

Tim

thanks for the tip buddy ;)

actually today I just did some laser cutting and result is much better than expected :cool:

the goal was to build stand for the tags, 4x and 8x
first I have to do some Corel job. I used 4mm plexiglass, there is a mounting hole for every board, 8tagers have two extra holes at both ends to assure steady mounting. it was not necessary for 4tags ones.
I tested them for soldering, I almost hold the head of a 100W soldering iron on the tag and guess what?! the plexigalss didn't melt down at all :D gold plated surface let me to solder a wire for less than 2 seconds!! amazing :)

one thing interesting, the beneath screw of the tag will allow to attach one or two spades for underneath wiring or ground connection

some photos:

Attachments

• tag board (1).JPG
    tag board (1).JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 148
  • tag board (6).JPG
    tag board (6).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 68
  • tag board (5).JPG
    tag board (5).JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 126
  • tag board (4).JPG
    tag board (4).JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 144
  • tag board (3).JPG
    tag board (3).JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 144
  • tag board (2).JPG
    tag board (2).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
FS: Gold plated tag boards

small board with 4 tags: 1.25USD/ea.
big board with 8 tags: 2.75USD/ea.

the story of these tags:

I had some nice gold plated tags lying around:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I just thought to make some nice tag stripe to use in DIY tube gears projects :) so I just hit the road going to my friend's Laser cutting workshop. first I had to do some Corel job:
attachment.php

and then let the Laser router do the talking:
attachment.php

result:
attachment.php

all parts are 4mm hard Plexiglass.4xs board have one hole in the center and 8xs have two extra holes at both ends to assure steady mounting:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

the beneath screw of the tag will allow to attach one or two spades for underneath wiring or ground connection:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• tag board (1).JPG
    tag board (1).JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 273
  • tag board (2).JPG
    tag board (2).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 248
  • SAM_0929.JPG
    SAM_0929.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 289
  • SAM_0924.JPG
    SAM_0924.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 253
  • SAM_0923.JPG
    SAM_0923.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 237
  • SAM_0933.JPG
    SAM_0933.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 231
  • SAM_0922.JPG
    SAM_0922.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 226
  • SAM_0915.JPG
    SAM_0915.JPG
    586.1 KB · Views: 253
  • SAM_0925.JPG
    SAM_0925.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Marten Getz for sale:

bought: Jen. 2012
barely used (less than 500 hours)
never overpowered, always sounded using ~25W SE tube amps
Black Piano
with original boxes and manual and everything else

retail price: 20,000USD
I'm asking at least 7700USD shipment included.
they ship from Iran (east Asia). I'll ship world wide except Israel

I can come up with some photos if anybody mind to see some

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.