• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

:)

Attachments

• VSSA MosFet Amplifier.jpg
    VSSA MosFet Amplifier.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 24,536
Last edited:
I said it is not something new, just SSA/TSSA derivative. :)

Well for those folks who like to simulate here's my contribution so far to the Lazy Cat VSSA, a file to play with.... :D

Attachments

• LazyCat VSSA FFT.jpg
    LazyCat VSSA FFT.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 6,362
  • Bigun VSSA.asc
    7.6 KB · Views: 638
Last edited:
Nice, second harmonic almost -100dB down. :cool:

yes, it looks very nice !

The Simplified thread started off with something simple like this and then wandered off to something not at all simple. Let's keep this one simple :D

for temp stability the drain current through laterals must be above some threshold, I think it's 100mA, depending on which FET.

Last edited:
yes, it looks very nice !

The Simplified thread started off with something simple like this and then wandered off to something not at all simple. Let's keep this one simple :D

for temp stability the drain current through laterals must be above some threshold, I think it's 100mA, depending on which FET.

OK deal, I won't mess with more parts on this one (values optimization only) I promise hehe, although it can be rocketed to complex version in any time :D

Yes, normally Id should be 100 mA or more, sweetspotted too I suppose.

VSSA - Very Simple Symmetrical Amplifier, something in between SSA and TSSA. Similar schematics posted a lot of times but not exactly the same. :)

With only six transistors you can get genuine current feedback, high bandwidth amplifier, capable of driving 4 ohm speakers. PCB can be very simple and small too. ;)
I setup the circuit from your diagram.
The DC-offset is very small, 12 mV.

The first thing I noticed is that circuit needs some compensation to be stable.
This was fixed with one 22pF from base to collector of KSA1381 and likewise 22pF around KSC3503.

The THD distortion at 1 Watt is remarkably low for such a simple amplifier:
THD 0.0002% at 1 Watt RMS.

Very nice amplifier :)