• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

I think he just did what he always does :
developing it a bit further.
I do that all the time and when i would post all what i do i would ultimately not have the time time to develop anything because explaining what i did would consume too much time.
Follow that logic and we will see more developments from LC.
This is not his last word and never will be as long as he lives.
It is a process, the VSSA as we know it is just a moment frozen in time.
We have the privilege to witness creativity. It is a principle, watch and learn.

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
if VSSA really turns into a commercial success, which could happen, then I doubt there will be time to play with us

but we have the amp modules
shouldn't be very difficult to see if anything have been changed

for me personally, if they work, they work
I won't worry one bit about anything
and should they fail one day ....time for a new project

If he can earn on his projects, then i see no reason why he should not.

He is actually inventing from scratch, and if he can invent even more and earn on it, it will make him even more creative.

it is not just box build like many companies that try to sell a lifestyle.

You will start to see some companies like acoustic reality taking of the shelf parts and box them and saying "we have the magic stick".

There was a german company called AVM. There first amp was a DIY in stereoplay. Now they just take of the shelf parts and put them together.

There first amp was inverted current feedback an very fast!! it used 12P08 and 12N08 mosfets i think.

Do you remember Joachim??

There are plenty of people 'out there' who would steal any schematic which is simple to manufacture, and soon we would soon be offered the boards on ebay and other sites. LC would get not a penny for his efforts, and any potential for any agreement with a 'proper' manufacturer - which I hope would give him some worthwhile return - would be lost.:(

All open source designs risk this outcome, but many of the best are either too tricky to make cheaply - or are not that brilliant anyway.

The designer with limited resources simply cannot contemplate legal action against even the most blatant design theft. I know the cost of litigating here in Scotland... a claim for £45,000 due to a solicitors negligence cost his insurer over £90,000 to settle simply because they hoped we would drop the case.:)

Sure, and Günther is still the humble guy he always was.
Today you make money with ECO Power in Germany.

Attachments

• Günther.jpg
    Günther.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 549
Everything that LC would get from VSSA as a project belongs to him :) We could follow it from the scratch, discuss or more like me, learn from it. LC tips and wide explain of what-is-going-on gave me as a beginner a lot of knowledge. Moreover we learn everyday, so I think everyone learned something :) There is no reason to complain about LC's any move.

Mine VSSA is already ready for tests, but I have a question about calibration - why there should be a 22Ohm/5W (5W only?) resistor between PSU and VSSA power input and why we should measure it over resistor? It's first time I calibrate an amp this way, sorry :) It should stay only for calibration purposes I guess?

XVSSA?

Hi Andrej and diyAudio fellows.

Well, I still have to finish my JC-80 preamp until diving into VSSA build (shame shame shame), but having a non-productive day (with less power to solder and more to enjoy a seldom sunny day) I had something on my mind.

I was always impressed by the symmetry in LC's projects; I will have a JC-80 line amp, that offers a ballanced output; I have 8 Ohms power hungry loudspeakers. I have good feelings about simulations, anyway, I have no simulation programs installed, and more shamefully, I have no Schematic capture/PCB software installed :)

I was thinking first to use 2 VSSA modules bridged, with a phase invertor that can deliver out of phase signal to one of the modules. This can be a solution, but it ruins the symmetry.

I am now thinking of a balanced (X)VSSA, that could use the simplicity of this design and the output of JC-80. Of course, this is just a rough idea, and I tried to cover it in the attached picture.

Basically, I think that instead of running the ElCaps to the ground in the feedback nodes, we can maybe "X" them between two VSSA modules, so they will become a true balanced unit.

I am interested to learn if this looks valid and realistic. I thought I will better share this idea, because LC or somebody else can validate/improve it either by building or by simulation before it will reach my soldering iron - or other way of saying, rusting for years in my brain :)

Cheers!

P.S.: I will build the VSSA anyway in the next month, as I am sure it will be a major step forward, but I need to have a future next project :)

Attachments

• P1280984.jpg
    P1280984.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 713