• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

1 per set, so : 4
It's only a DC sensor, it has to be paired with a relay isn't ?
Or it can be wired back on Hypex SMSP ?

It has optocoupler transistor output, low Z when DC is sensed.

It can be connected directly to SMPS400A180 to shut down PSU, tested.

SMPS400A180 also has its own input pin to sense + speaker out from an amp, so in a case of DC signal present (output transistor shorts) it shuts down the PSU too.

As you all probably know my demo VSSA amp has original Hypex SMPS400A180 power supply installed, simply because of better sonic quality compared to linear PSU. But original SMPS had SAMWHA elcos all-over PCB, so I made some measurements before and after and got significantly better results when re-caped all elcos with Panasonic. Since SMPS is unregulated (emulates linear PSU) voltage drop at constant 5 A (8 Ohm load on PSU output) is now only 2 V, before 3,5 V, and ripple 1 Vpp, before 2,5 Vpp, also 100 kHz switching carrier as ripple is now only few mV. Tomorrow these new SMPS-s will be installed in demo unit and sound check will follow.

BTW next week I expect to get the first batch of ALF mosfets (around 50 pcs,) so quotations and deliveries will consequently start as planned.

Attachments

• SMPS400A180 1.jpg
    SMPS400A180 1.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 825
  • SMPS400A180 2.jpg
    SMPS400A180 2.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 735
Andrej, did-you tried a Connex one (regulated and less expensive) ? They have an auxiliary output for soft start etc.

Sent them four e-mails, no response, they're at least not serious.

Unregulated SMPS has its advantages, since it operates at constant duty cycle at 100 kHz ensuring maximal charging of output caps at all times and not interfering with amp from its (non)regulation influence. Present ripple and voltage drop are not so important (very good PSRR) as current on-demand now always available. :cool:

I'm not surprised. A pity this guy does not know how to communicate and get his mails, because his products are quality ones.
The best is to ask here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/conn...hed-mode-power-supplies-smps.html#post3470382

With Chinese, everything is adjusted for large scale production and sales. When they see order for just a couple of SMPS, they consider it like nothing! I only contacted them once, and when there was no immediate reply I quit! But if you ask quotation for 100 pieces, who knows?

With Chinese, everything is adjusted for large scale production and sales.
I believe, on the contrary that the guy is alone, building its SMPS by himself in a place where Internet works two times a year.The guy spend more than a month to send my parcel, pretending it was done, my order and payment was done the 12 march and i received-it the 4May !!!
On the other side, i can read the guy is OK when a product fails, and offer exchange or repair. And, on the forum, help people when they have trouble (Like HF leakage) using those PSU.

I believe, on the contrary that the guy is alone, building its SMPS by himself in a place where Internet works two times a year.The guy spend more than a month to send my parcel, pretending it was done, my order and payment was done the 12 march and i received-it the 4May !!!
On the other side, i can read the guy is OK when a product fails, and offer exchange or repair. And, on the forum, help people when they have trouble (Like HF leakage) using those PSU.

I second this as well. It took me more than two months for my SMPS2000R to get here but if he's alone trying to build a business it is not always easy. The products are really good quality.

Do

My remark was for Connex!