• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

Hi LC i playing at this time with eagle...
First for TO3 as ia had layout for TO3 Lateral SSA. Will show you as it been ended. After it's easy to swap to plastic case.

Marc

Hi Marc,
I followed attentively the two first treads of Lazy Cat for a lot of time, and now I found this one.
The very simple amp I see seducts me, and so for your personal approche of it too. I already saw your works in an another french forum (GC, Zenquito, ...) some time before, which are impressives, chapeau bas:cool:.
If you agree, I would like you share your last Eagle stuff with 2SK1058/SJ162 (TO247).
Thank you in advance.
Michel

Hi Marc,
I followed attentively the two first treads of Lazy Cat for a lot of time, and now I found this one.
The very simple amp I see seducts me, and so for your personal approche of it too. I already saw your works in an another french forum (GC, Zenquito, ...) some time before, which are impressives, chapeau bas:cool:.
If you agree, I would like you share your last Eagle stuff with 2SK1058/SJ162 (TO247).
Thank you in advance.
Michel

No soucy as you have in mind i not testet it, so you must do this verifying job. Give me the post number you interest for and a email adresse through MP.

Marc

Hi all :wave:

As promised here are some pics of the first lab listening test of both VSSA channels. Measurements will follow over the weekend. :cool:

VSSA is a very, very good sounding amplifier, of course a lot of dependency factors included but if someone don't mess around too much, can definitely taste VSSA sound at its best. :up:

Regards Andrej :cheers:

Attachments

• VSSA PCB 13.jpg
    VSSA PCB 13.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 1,474
  • VSSA PCB 14.jpg
    VSSA PCB 14.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 1,404
  • VSSA PCB 15.jpg
    VSSA PCB 15.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 1,320
  • VSSA PCB 16.jpg
    VSSA PCB 16.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 1,255
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Looking good Cat. Just neat. Congrats. Keep the Samwas cool a bit off that sink when you will wrap the thing up. They aren't bad but had a reputation for going rather soon in TFT screens PSUs at least. In Samsung stuff mainly cos that's them caps mom company.

:drink:

Is there a means to null the DC offset?

VSSA once set (trimmers measured and replaced with resistors) holds on to +/- 1mV (true), needs no DC servo at all. :cool:

Wow!....Beautiful.

You should hear it man hehe ;)

Looking good Cat. Just neat. Congrats. Keep the Samwas cool a bit off that sink when you will wrap the thing up. They aren't bad but had a reputation for going rather soon in TFT screens PSUs at least. In Samsung stuff mainly cos that's them caps mom company.

Samwhas were so cheap (1 €/pcs) that I couldn't resist them. Will place them away from sink as you recommend. For comparison purposes I'll assemble two PSUs with Nichicons and see how much better they're. :yes:

VSSA PCB in production. I'll assemble and test first two as working amplifier and if everything works out fine, group buy can be organized in a new thread.
Now SMD parts will be ordered and before first PCBs arrives I'll prepare assembly documentation. :)

As you said, the sound is really good. Are we going to expect a group buy soon to hear the sound of the VSSA Amplifier? I'm just excited to try. :cool:

I lazy, Can you take some picture how you deal with trimmpod tunning (how you solder it an so small area..)

Marc

First solder cca. 15 mm pins onto SMD pads than trimmers to pins, when trimmed to correct output DC offset/VAS bias, cut and unsolder the pins. Measure the value and calculate which two values of standard resistors in parallel are close as possible to the correct value. In my case 1,2 k and 39 k in parallel gives 1,641 k and that delta is only 10 ohms away from desired 1,631 measured value. ;)

Attachments

• VSSA PCB 17.jpg
    VSSA PCB 17.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 1,571