• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

I think he means heatsinks as 'plancha' seems to mean a grill.

I intend using 200mm with 40mm fins (includes 9mm back- plate. Fins are well tapered and corrugated. What do you suggest is a safe minimum height. (I have 200mm each available, but can cut down. The box will be from 7mm alloy panels)

Time for glossy magazine style review.
Thanks for the review. I don't know for VSSA, but i have similar experiences with most fast Current feedback amps.
In fact, you listen what is on the source. And only that.
It can deserve some bad recordings, comparing with nice colored amps, like tubes, can be too harsh, comparing to slow and smooth amps, too smooth, comparing to harsh amps.
But you will find the behavior of the amp to change drastically from one record to an other.
With the stability margin of this amp, its bandwitch, slewrate, distortion...health and simplicity, i believe VSSA diyers will forget their amp for 10+ years :)
Unless they want to dig the 0.001% subtle remaining on some components behaviors, (Caps, feedback resistances, power supply etc...)
...And begin to ask themselves questions about their sources and speakers :)
May-i insist only on one point ? With SMPS, take great care to shield carefully the smps from the analog parts (amp and wiring).

Last edited:
Two SMPS in preparation for the next project, cleared of Samwhas and ready to accept Panasonic elcos. :wiz:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 595
Double die 16 A/250 W laterals just arrived, also ready for the next project. :D

Did you get p-channel fets also? I have 8 n and 8 p for almost a year now, but besides building dac and your VSSA didn't have time for anything else.
BTW, still waiting Nichicons to arive. I had to go thru forwarder. Courier delivery from Mouser to Serbia is whooping 120$.

Послато са HTC bravo користећи Тапаток 2

VSSA GB - members still to be delivered

Hi VSSA GB members :wave:

It looks that all GB members from June's delivery received their VSSA PCB set packages, since I don't have any requests-replies for undelivered shipments on the present day. :up:

Still there are six GB members waiting for their VSSA PCB set deliveries:

BYRTT 8 PCB set
CaféNoir 6 PCB set
ColinAlex 8 PCB set
DavorXXL 6 PCB set
DuffyDawg 4 PCB set + 4 SMPS400
electromf 4 PCB set

These VSSA PCB sets will be send out in the first week of August, immediately when ALF mosfets will arrive here. All material is already packed in sealed envelopes, only ALF mosfets to be added and packages will be send out. ;)

Thanks to all upper GB members to be so patient, you are all true gentlemen. :worship:

Did you get p-channel fets also? I have 8 n and 8 p for almost a year now, but besides building dac and your VSSA didn't have time for anything else.
BTW, still waiting Nichicons to arive. I had to go thru forwarder. Courier delivery from Mouser to Serbia is whooping 120$.

Послато са HTC bravo користећи Тапаток 2

Yes I have P channel too. ;)

How does this case (SQ) compare to the other cases you filled earlier?

This VSSA official case is made out of the best Aluminum material possibly find around here because of the final brushing finish. All plates are fine brushed so the material needs to be very homogeneous. Plates thickness is 5 mm, they're pre-drilled with threads where needed and the case is adjusted to zero gap, plates tightly touches each other. :cool:

Regarding SQ (sound quality) I can tell that it is much better than my demo wooden "case" since the grounding is perfect so the lowest level signals are not lost in any kind of noise. No interferences from outside, all Aluminium material meaning no amplified magnetic fields formed in plate material. :cool:

Attachments

• VSSA Case 11.jpg
    VSSA Case 11.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 615
  • VSSA Case 20.jpg
    VSSA Case 20.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 568