• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

Oh, oh, the notorious Samwha brand that used to go bad in SMPS. Hope its a better newer type that one.

Yes you right.
One of the worst caps you can buy today. Many of them blew up after a while or start to leak.
I did tested several value they sound very-very thin compare even to the regular Nichicon not to talk when it was compared to KG or FG type or Elna for Audio etc.
I would right away replace it Nippon CC KMH type...;)

Nice Heatsinks supernet. What are they rated for ( I.e. C/watt)?

Exemplary construction as well - very nice :)

Well...thanks, but all greetings should go to LazyCat. I just took camera in this case :D

Yes, heatsinks are really monster ones, but they are doing the job exceptionally. For this height of 65mm, they are rated around 0.4 K/W. In my living room, where the temperature is now 20C, they get barely warm (speakers are easy 8 ohm load too).

If any interested there are 4 SK157 65mm heatsinks left from cutting. Two are blank, without holes. The other two already have holes predrilled for VSSA installation. For info...pm please.

Attachments

• sk157.jpg
    sk157.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 883
  • hladilnik3.jpg
    hladilnik3.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 896
Last edited:
About heatsinks...65 mm are already reserved. But LC mention that there is one SK157 with 132 mm height available. This is large enough for both channels and has already predrilled M3 holes for chassis and two VSSA mounting. Price is 50 EUR + post costs, which is bargain...

If anyone interested, please contact LazyCat for shipping and paying details.

Attachments

• hladilnik1.jpg
    hladilnik1.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 834
  • hladilnik2.jpg
    hladilnik2.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 783
So it will be miniature casing with SMPS? :up:

no, I don't like things I can't repair, so it will be a linear power supply, Schottky rectifier diodes and 8 x 2200µF for the power transistors, and another linear power supply for the Vas, and less µF for the voltage regulated supply for the input transistors, three transformers in all, per side.

My project is to make 2 x 2 amplifiers, to feed a pair of 4 ohm 'speakers, split between two mid/bass drivers and a tweeter per side, so one of the amplifiers per side has little real work to do.:joker: