• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

Here is HALF the VSSA. It is almost like FETZILLA.
Half the VSSA works well, too.
A little bit more THD(0.007% at 1 Watt), but it behaves well even at higher power output.

For those who want to experiment with really simple power amplifier:

Attachments

• vssa_half_1.jpg
    vssa_half_1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3,259
Do you see my statement incorrect

The following statement is not true :

Similar schematics posted a lot of times but not exactly the same. :)

This amp is a copy cat of Gabor s old amp , so just give credit
where it is due rather than talking of "non similarities" that are
just hollow words since you d be hard pressed if asked to find a single difference.

VSSA - Very Simple Symmetrical Amplifier, something in between SSA and TSSA. Similar schematics posted a lot of times but not exactly the same. :)

With only six transistors you can get genuine current feedback, high bandwidth amplifier, capable of driving 4 ohm speakers. PCB can be very simple and small too. ;)

I do not know how to say this. But such a circuit i have rejected as the VAS transistor current accelerates very fast to dangerous level without very good cooling.

As they get warmer they get higher hFE and lower VBE drop -> more current -> hotter -> higher hFE, lower VBE -> more current -> hotter ... Get the picture??

I do not know how to say this. But such a circuit i have rejected as the VAS transistor current accelerates very fast to dangerous level without very good cooling.

Yes but there's certain limit level of input collector current reached when it is thermally stabilized. 15k resistor defines max input collector current, also VAS collector current rising itself will stop when heatsink power dissipation reaches certain temperature. It is perfectly normal process as long as input is stable and not forcing VAS current over the limits in a cummulative process.