• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Carbon Fiber Hi-End Binding Post

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

GaoFei GF-FG016LBP Carbon Fiber Red Copper Rhodium Hi-End Binding Post 4 / pcs

Brand : Gaofei
HI-END audio Binding Post
10μ Rhodium plated for best signal transfer.
Made from red Copper
Adjusting Black Nut can be locked .
Housing Material :Carbon Fiber offer effective electromagnetic shielding
The Screw is 40mm long.External diameter is 8mm.
Suitable used in 9 mm--- 25 mm MDF wood or Amp back panel
Color: 2 black and 2 red.
Connections:screws locking
11.5mm diameter hole size
Weight : 300g 4pcs
Include Allen key .
Design In USA

USD100 1set 4pcs.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

GaoFei GF-FG013SBP Carbon Fiber Red Copper Rhodium Hi-End Binding Post 4 / pcs

Brand : Gaofei
HI-END audio Binding Post
10μ Rhodium plated for best signal transfer.
Made from red Copper
Adjusting Black Nut can be locked .
The Screw is 20mm long.External diameter is 8mm.
Suitable used in 1.5 mm--- 7 mm MDF wood or Amp back panel.
Color: 2 black and 2 red.
Connections:screws locking
11.5mm diameter hole size
Weight : 200g 4pcs
Include Allen key .
Design In USA

USD90 1set 4pcs.

Visit Us online shop :AB-system online shop

And for the function it needs to serve, totally ridiculousness and overkill. That is why I suggest you just focus on their cool look factor. I don't doubt the cost. People will pay it for the looks.

For those who have not thought about it, the end of these things is going to be connected to a speaker. Inside is probably cheap crimped fast-ons and a long length of copper plated aluminum in the VC and who knows what the crossover is built of. The other end is going to be connected to some iron wire .22 Ohm resistors and a big choke. (amp output filter). All you NEED is a decent tight connection. The $2 tin over brass posts work as well as any invented. I like the ones with a hex nut as I can be sure they remain snug.

This is solution looking for a problem that is perpetuating the stupidity that causes high end to not be taken seriously. Again, sell them as "cool looking" and you will be honest. Selling them as "carbon fiber shielding" is paramount to fraud. You have a well made product, be stand up.

Fishing with a carbon rod in a thunderstorm in the middle of a lake is known to attract lightning. :D

Very good looking. If I were building a top-notch no-holds-barred loudspeaker or amplifier I could see myself using these. Not for any electrical or acoustic advantage, but simply for the cool/exotic element. The lock-nut is a useful feature.

This is complete BS, of course, and deliberate snake oil when you add "effective" into the mix. I completely concur with those who said that your product should stand on its own, for what it is.

I already order mine binding post direct from NASA, they are using a metal called Adamantium , they also bonded this metal with wolverine.

theoretically is understandable ......................:D

pure red copper, carbon, shielding ......... bunch of words that mean absolutely nothing

also bare in mind that pure copper oxidase very very easily, so i will still bet on silver as better conductor due also oxides easily but the oxide is highly conductive.

or better then LEAD , plain cheap lead but we have to keep it cool at 4.2K and it will became a superconductor

Sorry guys I am being sarcastic :rolleyes:

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I only care about a good function, meaning how it holds the speaker wire etc
once its mounted I never see it again...well, almost :D

so, yes, I would be more interested in photos of how it functions, instead of just fancy looks, ofcourse

why do you say that? about the lightning?
asking not being a butt.

just joking
I once had a carbone fiber fishing rod where it said, do not fish in.....

man, if only you hadn't made that claim about 'electromagnetic shielding' :eek:
and btw, don't claim it to be pure coper either
it would have the same problems like you say about silver
you would not be able to machine pure copper
its brass with higher copper/alloy content, or something like that

now if we stick to the facts, maybe we are still looking at good speaker binding posts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.