• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SB Acoustics Satori Monitor

Dear Sbaccoustics
My motherlanguage is german. So neither Satori nor Kalasan have any meaning in my language.
While Satori Monitor sounds exotic and exiting, Kalasan sounds like the name of hmm, ...an obscure medical drug. The ending ......san is very often used for (not very effective) medical drugs.

Kamillosan comes to my mind. It is not the only one but in my language it sounds very similar.

I am quite sure you can kill a good product by giving it a wrong sounding name. But I understand for educational reasons.... lets listen to the Kamillosan Monitor.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Satori

Hi there

I have just ordered the same and agree that the drivers are promising. In my case, the SATORI mid range (8ohm) and tweeter will meet a pair of 10" woofers, also from SB, in sealed boxes. This time, I am going for an active solution, possibly with a DSP crossover and self made DACs / amplifiers. It will take a while but the journey is often just as nice as the result!