• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SB Acoustics Satori Monitor

Hello again,
I have another question, according to the Kalasan-Design:
Are there any informations about the cabinet volume and baffle size?
I read from the beginning, but there was first a DIY-cabinet with a stepped back Tweeter-Part, later there was just a industrial enclosure with no informations about volume and bafflesize...
Is the final crossover still suitable for the first DIY-Cabinet?

Bye
Ralf

Unfortunately I cannot help very much here.
What I was told from one SBa dealer in this forum is that kalasaan was a faulty project and never became for sale. Just demo cabinets were available and he had one.
He told me it was 15 to 16 liter. Stepped baffle 5 degree and the crossover was not good.

If you read the hole kalasaan thread you will see it was built at the same time than Jeff Bagby Kairos and even Joachim Gerhard published one crossover under Kairos name…

That’s all the info I have.
If you want to try stepped baffle I have the kairos schematic as well small mods.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
I would have liked to build the Kalasan as an alternative to the design from you.
I am listening in the nearfield and I think it sounds a little to bright.
I tried to messure with REW but I think good messuring isn`t so easy.
I tried to do a roomcorrection with Dirac but I still think it sound to bright.
The corssover from Gerhard would be the easiest way to find out what could be the problem