• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Daniel you'll be pleasantly surprised how well are these small boards working in combination with your ES9023 pcbs, especially with the last firmware where yoy can also slave the interface to the MCK present on the DAC side (in our case, better to use multiples as 45 and 49 mhz on the DAC pcb to be in synch with the source of 44 and 48k material - instead of the 50mhz clock which works in asynch)

good luck and enjoy your purchase :)

ps. - any news about the availability of the new and completed ES boards?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
luxury54, thanks a lot for your feedback! I am not really surprised since I already tested it :D I build a setup with my DAC and the Amanero for Joachim Gerhard and he also really loves it. Now I have to order my own Amanero board (and two more for my friends ;)).
I could also think of combining Amanero, my DAC (w/o local XO) and the Acko dual clock board. Would have the benefit of providing two different clocks for 44.1/48 and the higher fs.

In the meantime I got my invoice from Domenico and paid :)

wrt the completed boards: a first batch has just been delivered and will be tested now by me and my partner (e.g. with AP). Should be available soon :D

@ curryman

thanks for your information.. Need a DAC for this Amanero and I still need to wait for the Subbu V3 I2S DAC... But this will take time. So meanwhile I would want to use another DAC which fits the Amanero...

Need to get what the reclocking Board is doing! I am still new in the I2S Subject and I am trying to see where the benefits are with this reclocking board... I need to read a lot I think! :D

Does your DAC support all the specs (kHz) of the Amanero board?

So greetings to my "Landsmann"
Ron

Last edited:
So greetings to my "Landsmann"

not nitpicking, I dont say this to correct you for any reason other than to help with English (which is already good). English is not always the most straight forward language; for this aspect especially.

you would say, 'Greetings to my 'countryman' ' or perhaps 'Greetings to my fellow countryman'

Last edited:
I didnt say your suggestion, because I wouldnt recommend doing it, its not a path to good sound and it means you have to use amanero ground as audio ground directly. those who did it got noise from USB, but the fact its possible, says to me the difference, if any, if not important for the ESS/DAC

also afaik the DoP standard was not invented when the 9018 was designed (or if it was, it certainly wasnt at a point that would be considered worth designing for), so it wouldnt know how to differentiate between them.

Now that is the insight to which I was referring....so if I understand correctly, the Amanero must accept the DoP and outputs proper DSD that the ESS9018 understands, though somewhere I've read the 9018 actually turns all PCM to DSD(I could be way off). Appreciate the info about the USB ground and noise, hadnt seen that.
Have a Buff III for playing to see if I like that flavour then I shall embark on saving measures for the Acko.

Many Thanks!

Thanks! I bought from you such))) the digital - the analog converter on Pcm63.
2591785.jpg

No, I bought only amanero USB. Amplifier transistor, high fidelity of sounding. straight-line characteristic 5 - 35000.
The transformer is reeled up to order, 8 equal secondary windings. DP PV power unit scheme. It is required to each amplifier on 4 secondary windings. Nikitin's attenuator, is executed on bistable relays. Copes from the remote control. The other day I plan start. The amplifier is supplied with smooth start-up that prevents current blow. 27 kilograms :)) amaneroUSB + the digital - the analog converter on Pcm63 are built-in in the amplifier of power.

8148901.jpg

2991173.jpg

9474679.jpg

Last edited:
Domenico has just released the latest 1.15 version of the update tool and also firmware 1.079.
Download from here: http://amanero.com/oemtool115.zip
In order to enable new features in the "Configuration bits" tab it is necessary to fully flash the Combo384 with the new 1.079 (first CPLD and then CPU).

New features:

1) Prescaler (aka divider): /1, /2 & /4
2) Limit Word Length: 32, 24 & 16
3) Stream Format: I2S, Left Justified & Right Justified (the latter is not working ATM)
4) Independent Slave Mode XO selectors (Pin1 & Pin11)
5) Enable F0, F1, F2 & F3 functions (I still don't know what pins are used) reports current sample rate according to the next table:
this is the sample rate table

0 (F3), 0 (F2), 0(F1), 0(F0) -> 32kHz
0 (F3), 0 (F2), 0(F1), 1(F0) -> 44.1kHz
0 (F3), 0 (F2), 1(F1), 0(F0) -> 48kHz
0 (F3), 0 (F2), 1(F1), 1(F0) -> 88.2kHz
0 (F3), 1 (F2), 0(F1), 0(F0) -> 96kHz
0 (F3), 1 (F2), 0(F1), 1(F0) -> 176.4kHz
0 (F3), 1 (F2), 1(F1), 0(F0) -> 192kHz
0 (F3), 1 (F2), 1(F1), 1(F0) -> 352.8kHz
1 (F3), 0 (F2), 0(F1), 0(F0) -> 384kHz

Pending (hopefully soon):

- Bitclock fs: 32fs & 64fs (currently only 64fs)
- Disable DoP detector

Slave mode reports will be much appreciated. TIA

115_zpse6379951.jpg
Today i received mine and here you see what pins are used for the F0,F1,F2 and F3.
P1060647_zps65898902.jpg

And the back.
P1060650_zps3c6c14cb.jpg

Thank you Domenico for your nice product.

Best regards George