• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Jesper, the Combo384 firmwares are only availble through the flash update tool, you can download it from the following link (make sure you also download and read the manual):

Index of /asiohwd

Run the tool and check the drop down list at the bottom to see all available firmwares.

Thanks! As it is Domenico has also replied in a PM so I will look into it today or tomorrow.

Best wishes for your day ;-)

Jesper

Joined 2007
Paid Member
@Domenico.

A suggestion:

Reading the two above posts and some of the earlier posts makes me wonder if it would make sense to edit the first post of the thread to include some of the updated & repeatedly "most asked for" information in the thread? Like how to update firmwares etc., join in on a group buy, power supply requirements etc. ...

Might even save you time in the long run ;-)

Greetings,

Jesper

@Domenico.

A suggestion:

Reading the two above posts and some of the earlier posts makes me wonder if it would make sense to edit the first post of the thread to include some of the updated & repeatedly "most asked for" information in the thread? Like how to update firmwares etc., join in on a group buy, power supply requirements etc. ...

Might even save you time in the long run ;-)

Greetings,

Jesper

Good idea

+1, on the list, do I have to send a separate PM ?

By the for those interrested, I have a Raspberry Pi running Squeezelite Headless;, I'll report if it is working as soon as i get the board and the time to setup with a DAC (TDA 1543)
I have tried recently the Naim Dac-V1 on the Rasberry Pi (it uses Audiophilleo usb-spdif or i2s oem) and it worked like a charm but I only tested 16/44k1Hz materials.
Did you get your board and tested RPi with Amanero?

I'm interested if it can stream flawlessly/without cracks 384K FLAC.
Thx. Zsolt

It seems to be UAC2 compliant as it plays 192Khz.

From RaspberryPi piCoPlayer thread - link :
"Audiophileo ok upto 192KHz
Naim DAC-V1 (Audiophileo USB Asynchronous) ok upto 192KHz perfect sound quality
Amanero (Asynchronous USB) ok upto 192KHz

As Wifi, I use a TPLink Nano Router TL-WR702N USB Powered, perfect.
As DAC I'm currently use a twicked Teradak that is very good in SPDIF but not in par with the Naim DAC-V1 in USB."

well thats new, havent checked the Pi forums for about a month, as i'm more interested in beaglebone black, as hires USB audio has in general been unreliable on pi since release. I became disinterested some time ago.

from the link its clear thats with a custom coreplayer linux build as well aka piCorePlayer, that works with squeeze player/server

so i'm not sure you can say its UAC2 compliant, UAC2 can do up to 32bit/384khz multichannel

Last edited:
well thats new, havent checked the Pi forums for about a month, as i'm more interested in beaglebone black, as hires USB audio has in general been unreliable on pi since release. I became disinterested some time ago.

from the link its clear thats with a custom coreplayer linux build as well aka piCorePlayer, that works with squeeze player/server

so i'm not sure you can say its UAC2 compliant, UAC2 can do up to 32bit/384khz multichannel

Regardless of what your idéas are Mr."qusp" - both DSD and 384k/32bit works with linux and OS X, also volume control (ES9018 internal) works from linux and OS X apps...

regardless of what your thoughts are..RayDreamDichotomy, I said nothing about linux limitations, rather the currently available rasberry pi hardware and pi linux builds.

gotta love your consistent communication problems, very good for causing conflict though... best read properly next time if you want to come off less of a (edited, insert your own word)

Last edited:
that being said, it seems at least with the build linked above that the Amanero is working up to 192khz PCM on pi (DSD?), which is excellent, but its certainly not enough to interest me in the pi. playing 2 channel 192khz PCM under some circumstances doesnt make it UAC2 compliant, to be UAC2 compliant it should comply with the spec, which is multichannel up to 384khz.

a brief search just now confirms consistent/persistent problems with the USB driver causing glitches and crashing; with no reports posted of multichannel UAC2 devices working that I have found. the pi spec and linux capability reads like it should work, but nobody has mentioned making it work yet and the fact the ethernet and USB share resources rules it out for me anyway.

the USB driver does not seem very robust for higher bandwidth operations and certainly is very limited for power (not such a concern if you are powering separately)

Last edited:
regardless of what your thoughts are..RayDreamDichotomy, I said nothing about linux limitations, rather the currently available rasberry pi hardware and pi linux builds.

gotta love your consistent communication problems, very good for causing conflict though... best read properly next time if you want to come off less of a (edited, insert your own word)

Reading your ramblings are not easy :D

I didn't asked whether it's UAC2 compliant or not, I simply asked if it can stream stereo 32/384Khz through Amanero.
According to tests (link) USB can do 30MB/sec and ethernet ~50Mbps. The later is slow and will probably not live up to expectations but that's the question to be answered. I might get a Pi from a colleague next week and can answer this.