• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

You mean to remap "cable plugged" (pin 1) and "Mute" (Pin 11) into two clock selects?

IMHO one CS is enough and I would prefer to keep the Mute functionality.

Yep, that is what Amanero told me. That arrangement allows for a very simple external reclocking using the enable pin of the XOs.
I guess you can't have all but the Slave mode firmware is optional so anyone can decide if the benefits outwheights the inconeniences. Maybe using I2C commands in software mode DACs can compensate the loss of the mute pin? or perhaps even using an I2C port expander can be used for selecting external XOs (with the exception of 48K based DSD for which there are no separate events).

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yep, that is what Amanero told me. That arrangement allows for a very simple external reclocking using the enable pin of the XOs.
I guess you can't have all but the Slave mode firmware is optional so anyone can decide if the benefits outwheights the inconeniences. Maybe using I2C commands in software mode DACs can compensate the loss of the mute pin? or perhaps even using an I2C port expander can be used for selecting external XOs (with the exception of 48K based DSD for which there are no separate events).

YHPM;)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hello Jesper, online there is a firmware version called test_fix_click_foobar.
May you check if this firmware fixes your problem with foobar?

Thank you,
Domenico

Hi Domenico,

Thanks for replying & ... Yes I'd be pleased to check it out but might you have a link to this firmware version? I don't seem to find it using Google nor on your website ...

BTW will this firmware also play DSD256 & 512 or do you have a link for that as well?

Greetings,

Jesper

Hi Domenico,

Thanks for replying & ... Yes I'd be pleased to check it out but might you have a link to this firmware version? I don't seem to find it using Google nor on your website ...

BTW will this firmware also play DSD256 & 512 or do you have a link for that as well?

Greetings,

Jesper

Jesper, the Combo384 firmwares are only availble through the flash update tool, you can download it from the following link (make sure you also download and read the manual):

Index of /asiohwd

Run the tool and check the drop down list at the bottom to see all available firmwares.