• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Windows 8 Amanero driver?

Hi,
This is what I get when connect Amanero to Win8 PC.
Any hint how to fix this ?

...seems to be a driver problem?

Attachments

• Win8-setup-1-5-2013 9-05-47 PM.jpg
    Win8-setup-1-5-2013 9-05-47 PM.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 658
Received my board and installed it today! This started as a temp install in my dual mono BIII although it is quiet with no music playing with volume ramped up to full and sounds great with music playing. Temp in that I am not ready to remove and cut a square hole in back panel. Temp in that I only have a hi-res (24/96) vinyl rip of Bolero on the laptop…and vocals of left, right, both. I am using foobar and ASIO drivers.

I had installed a Neutrik type A/B USB panel mount connector when I built the DAC. I cut and spliced a USB cable omitting splicing the power wire as I don’t have any USB B connectors here. The Amanero board is powered by one half of a Twisted Pear LCDPS adjusted to 3.3v. If I mount the Amanero on rear panel I’ll remove the LDO….lighted magnifier work for me as it is tiny with SMD’s by it.:eek:

I used three lengths of small coax to connect the Amanero board to Sidecar. The three grounds are all connected to the Sidecar ground pin. I got this coax from some old S Video cables lying around.

The Teleporter on rear panel is used with a modded Denon 3910 that exports I2S/DSD. I’ll most likely add a TP OTTO 2 to switch between the two. An OTTO 2 corrects the DSD R and L channel swap in the Denon.

Nice work Domenico!

Attachments

• amanero_usb_1_.jpg
    amanero_usb_1_.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 844
Last edited:
Yep it works with win8.

About the links i reported for info about this kind of error message, please don't download tools or other fix applications. Use the Windows DVD only to check and repair possible system errors.

Cheers,
Domenico

Confirmed :)

Win 8 Refresh have done the job.

Thanks amanero.

Attachments

• 1-6-2013 7-52-34 AM.jpg
    1-6-2013 7-52-34 AM.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 796
all wires should be twisted in their pairs, whether Naim does it or not =) I think you will find not doing it was a stylistic choice, rather than having any real purpose. if you can have them all run perfectly parallel you can still get some protection from noise, but just loosely bundled like that wont and even running parallel will have lower noise rejection than twisted.

Last edited: