• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Hi,
Last night I also was able to play Amanero-BufaloIII-Legato3.1 with Vortexbox.
Is simple, you just need updated Vortexbox 2.0 and need to use Mpod or Mpad clients that bypass Logithech Media Server and just use MPD server.

I still believe sound is much better thatn Coax Toslink.

In this setup I experienced more unlocks in the buffalo, and somethimes when changing sample rate, Bufalo doesnt get it and plays noise. It gets solved stopping the song and playing it again. Then Buffalo seems to get the sample rate and format. I am not totally sure but maybe I also could hear some low hissing (not totally sure since the PC power supply has noise too).

Next step is to upgrade firmware, as recommended by Amanero.

Cheers,

As another user of external power supplies for the Amanero I also must recommend it as an avenue others owe it to themselves to investigate.

There are several different approaches and many types of PSUs that can be used. It's a tad fiddly but "no-pain, no-gain" :yinyang:

I also confirm Jackals findings on upsampling, although I'm using older firmware and drivers (D1.0.5.3....F 1.05) with no noise problems at all.

I never worried about the L/R problem as a simple stop and restart of the changed sampling rate music rectifies the problem ;)

When the dust has settled on the drivers and firmware I'll catch up.

''As another user of external power supplies for the Amanero I also must recommend it as an avenue others owe it to themselves to investigate.

There are several different approaches and many types of PSUs that can be used. It's a tad fiddly but "no-pain, no-gain" ''

+1:nod:

Your right- even a simple powered usb hub (with a decent reg) gave a good improvement. Thanks for your constructive comments.

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Just the other day, I used the Amanero board to feed I2S to my favorite TDA1543N2 based DAC - nice, real nice. Even ran some files at 176.4k.

Been thinking of doing a PCM5102A based DAC board, essentially the same footprint as the Amanero board, and was wondering if there would be any interest in such a board?

Just the other day, I used the Amanero board to feed I2S to my favorite TDA1543N2 based DAC - nice, real nice. Even ran some files at 176.4k.

Been thinking of doing a PCM5102A based DAC board, essentially the same footprint as the Amanero board, and was wondering if there would be any interest in such a board?

I think there will be a lot of interest for such DAC board (it could be "sandwich" board that fit Amanero pinout)