• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

3.Also when in Kernel Streaming (which generally speaking I prefer) after the first playback the driver option dissapears from foobar/output settings even though the device is playing as normal. Amanero KS dissapears from the selection panel to appear again only when OS is restarted!!

Anyone else noticed something like this?

I've been seeing the same issue here - I thought it was a problem with my Foobar setup - glad it's no just me. I need to explore this some more, but it does sound like a driver bug. Hopefully this can be fixed by Amanero.

Yep! thats the driver to address the above mentioned issue!

Domenico,

What can I say, I think that for the first time in history a vendor fixes a problem on a Sunday afternoon by issuing a new driver in less than 3 hours :)
F A N T A S T I C !

I strongly recommend to all users to give a try to KS.
Using Kernel Streaming in my system all streams including DSD just play straightforward with no other intervention.
Using Amanero with KS and deploying my tri-amplification the sound seems to be sooo direct that is frightening.. wish I could share this sound with you all :)

PS: When first play on KS @ 32bit I still got the wrong channels thing. I switched to 24bit and channels correct.. then switch back to 32bit and correction remained...
Apparently I have to do this everytime I start Foobar..

Domenico, here is your next bug :)

Thanks to Domenico for the fix - KS seems to be solid in Foobar now.

Using Kernel Streaming in my system all streams including DSD just play straightforward with no other intervention.
Using Amanero with KS and deploying my tri-amplification the sound seems to be sooo direct that is frightening.. wish I could share this sound with you all :)

How do you get DSD to play over KS? I had thought that ASIO was needed for this, which is what I've been trying using ASIO4All.

Thanks for the response Stamatiski, but I must be missing something :confused:

Do you mean "foo-out-KS" ? I have this installed, along with the foobar SACD plugin, but need to use ASIO for playback. Selecting KS results in silence from DSD files.

EDIT:

Just installed "foo input dsdiff" and removed the SCAD component and it all works lovely now - no horrible ASIO4All kludge :).

Last edited:
@jackal29a

obviously we are talking about KS as an OUTPUT option. The "foo input dsdiff" as its name states is an INPUT decoder (necessary though to do the job) and NOT an OUTPUT option.

I know, I was addressing dickiegeorge's comment. The only way so far to get true DSD from the combo384 in Foobar is using the "kludgy" route, using DSDIFF one only can get PCM independent of output mode used. No probs with JRiver using WASAPI or KS though.

DSD is not possible in Foobar using KS or WASAPI due to DSP and Volume stages of the player not being ready for DoP and treating the signal as regular PCM. When asked about this they said they have no intention of changing it. I guess they are not interested in DSD.

As I'm on W7 I use WASAPI Event as output.

Jackal29a thanks for the info.

It makes sense that "foo input dsdiff" is converting the files into PCM which is then handled natively by the KS output. I don't have an indicator for PCM / DSD on my Buffalo DAC (only S/R) so I can't see what's going on. I need to hook up my Arduino for that.

I did feel that DSD played over KS output sounded a little different from ASIO - this would explain why.