• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Obviously... but we're asking why we're not marked as paid.

dunno, maybe sleep? life, lunch, writing software, manuals, packing 60x dsd boards for 40 destinations? pestering why why why in this thread when he has at least 1 paypal email notification of payment to the invoice he sent out, as well as the invoice being marked as paid in his pp account, is counter-productive

anyone else having thoughts of building a direct digital amp for this? given all you need is the correct filter and you can feed dsd straight to an amp without any dac at all, I find this idea intriguing.

i'm looking forward to playing with this little thing, loving the fact the details are all given and the circuit so streamlined. the reg is good, but I do think we'll have some fun with regs with higher PSRR up into high frequency, i'll have to use the output enable line mentioned for bypassing fifo, will likely see about making up a u.fl adapter too

the power needed will depend on the sample-rate as well I would think. wonder if its worth playing around with the various reference voltages on the micros...hmmmm

good questions btw nicmac, I asked some, but not all of them a while ago when this thread was first started

Last edited:
Hi jbbidet

1° - Add your name to the list using copy/paste + your informations here :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmX4TyHWgSmNdE5laDJQNlA3UVBYaWlrczJwYS1EcXc#gid=0
2° - Amanero/Domenico will send you a PM asking your Paypal address (when it comes to your turn)
3° - You'll receive a Paypal request from Amanero
4° - You pay & receive a Paypal email notification of payment
5° - When shipped, you'll receive a Paypal shipment notification with tracking number

That's the way it seems to work.

Some further Informations :
- Be patient as the first batch of 60 units has already been sold.
- As usual, consider a 4 weeks delay before next batch delivery.
- For other informations ask Amanero/Domenico

Phil

yeah I thought of this too, the pinouts should match, but if you look at the last page of the fifo thread you can see its easy enough to solder the u.fl headers directly to the PCB. the interface of the 2 molex type pinheaders will not be too flash as far as impedance, it will be better to just solder directly.

for the amanero pinout, I would just solder a strip of copper foil all the way across the line of ground pads (or perhaps scrape back the soldermask to expose the copper), then solder the rear corners of the ground terminals of the u.fl headers to that and the signal terminals to the signal holes. not so important if you are connecting directly to the fifo board, but as i'll be connecting to the OTTO II (modified in a similar fashion) and switching between fifo and dac direct for DSD, its worthwhile.

I installed my board into a BII that was using an exaU2I and....:)

The clocks on this thing are pretty damn good. Just using USB power, it gamely handles PCM & DSD in OS X using Audirvana. I've thrown a wide variety of sample rates at it (PCM & DSD) and it handled everything well. Just on short listen, I can't hear any difference between this and the exaU2I. Well done mate!