• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

There's no rush at all you're awfully right.
We are expecting informations from Domenico and experience/review from early adopters.
We can however consider to have quickly reach the 60 units price break in 2 days only.
That proves - if necessary - the real demand for this kind on I/O device.
The thread is still in "Vendor's Bazaar" not GB section.
We will see how this promising I/O will convert into reality ;)

76 units right now :yes:

Last edited:
We also need to clarify what the paypal fees will be so that we add them to the total price.
It's easier if each of us pays Amanero Technologies directly via Paypal instead of having one member handle all payments and logistics.

You're right, Amanero/Domenico has to provide some informations as requested :
- How to Proceed for ordering ? Delivery delay ?
- Another price break if we reach 100 units ?
- What's about Stock statement ?
- What about shipping cost for multiple DAC buy ? (initialy 7€ for registered mail for 1 unit)

If you place the order from Amanero's website, I have'nt noticed any Paypal fees added to the cart, maybe I'm wrong...

Last edited:
Pleas excuse this little sidebar, but I would like a bit more base information. Generally my question is "What will this device do for the audio I hear?"

There is not a lot of program material I have access to that is recorded beyond 192K, so the higher sampling rates don't initially seem all that beneficial.

Secondly, my Mini2496 DAC is fitted with selectable S/PDIF brought in by a BNC chain direct from pins on the computer motherboard - or the standard on-board optical out. My preference so far is the BNC but am fully open to other input techniques. I even started a thread in hopes of investigating the use and advantages of I2s.

I'll simply state my limited understanding and request clarification/correction where it applies.

1. It appears to me that the main purpose of this and similar devices is to correct and/or compensate for flaws inherent in using USB as an audio signal transport.

2. Using a direct S/PDIF feed can avoid or minimize such problems.

3. By design, each specific DAC chip already internally resolves to I2s, and this device is more or less an off-loading or substitution of that process.

4. The software/driver hook is primarily a tool for DSP adjustments (e.g. frequency manipulation) and not necessarily intended as a method of purifying the base signal.

So, admittedly with the gaps in my understanding. I would appreciate someone more accurately detailing where this device optimally fits in the audio chain and the comparative advantages of its use. To date, I'm still experiencing a bit of a fog here.

Thanks

IMO usb surpassed spdif some time ago now, spdif, particularly electrical is fraught with problems. done properly USB has less issues, the cable/interconnect is superior, its buffered and it allows multichannel. dont think this board allows multichannel, unless you gang them somehow. the appeal of this board is price, small size and DSD