• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Jesper: The amanero unit would by default not work with that DAC for 3xxMHz if that is the case.
But look at Acko's Amanero Reclocker board, because with that board you can buy high quality 4x.xxMHz clocks like Crystek CCHD-957 and you'll both have the better clocks and higher frequency than the ones originally on the Amanero board.
It's SMD soldering, so if you can take that - its a good alternative for full sync with the dac.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi RollE2k,

Thanks also for your feedback ...

What I'm considering is a DAC based on the PCM 1792 where the clock setup "pushes it" to 384 kHz output. I've seen Acko's Amanero reclocker board and it looks interesting, however, what I'd like to do is what is shown on p. 5 of Acko's setup guide:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/227502-amanero-isolator-reclocker-gb-61.html#post3493067

(the attached PDF document, page 5), only probably not with the ESS DAC but with the PCM1792. Also, I don't have an >50 MHz XO as the drawing indicates but superb 45.. & 49.. MHz XOs so I am looking for a way to make this work with the reclocker board, if possible. I'd rather have the XO as close to the DAC as possible and then lead wires to the RCK input on the amanero reclocker (illustrated on page 5 but apparently with >50 MHz XO).

I noticed in Acko's amanero isolator/reclocker thread that you were considering this device ... Do you know if the above setup could work?

Hilsner Jesper

To config AD1955 you need a SPI bus. But amanero have only a i2c. For my AD1853 I want to try a converter like SC18IS602B. Also I write to Domenico about make a native support in firmware, it will be great. Many people have a DAC with SPI.

Also, the new version of module have J0-J3 outputs and according to their status can be known the sampling rate. Then is possible to configure registers of the AD1955 with microcontroller over SPI bus.

But I don't understand how to implement the DSD, because on AD1955 chip PCM and DSD pins are not the same.

SPI for Amanero

Also, the new version of module have J0-J3 outputs and according to their status can be known the sampling rate. Then is possible to configure registers of the AD1955 with microcontroller over SPI bus.

But I don't understand how to implement the DSD, because on AD1955 chip PCM and DSD pins are not the same.

Yes, you are right. But it isn't so convenient to use one more microcontroller. When Amanero already have one.
Dear Domenico on behalf of many buyers I ask you to think about SPI Events Actions in your firmware. Thanks!

I have one more question. When I change the volume level in my music player, it is automatically change in the output of DAC or I still need to configure the AD1955 registers to change the volume level?

don't do so. in both cases. don't regulate volume level on a player. don't regulate volume level on DAC. only the analog regulator on the amplifier! it will be so much better for a sound.

I am trying Amanero with passive filter for DSD (no DAC).
It is working fine both in Linux and Windows 8.1 (not Asio driver) with HQplayer up to DSD128.
I would like to upsample to DSD256 or DSD512.

However I have these problems:

1) Working correctly only with DoP, but not native DirectSDM.

2) Using Asio drivers in Windows HQplayer hangs forever, so no DSD256 or DSD512.

My Asio drivers are the last from the site. I don't know the firmware, but I received the card on 15 January, I guess is 1.80 but not sure.