• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Hi there!
I got my Amanero Board a while ago and in the holidays I will finally have time to build my little Music Player. I still need a good I2S -> Analog converter about 50-100€ which would work with the Amanero. Do you have any suggestions where I could get such a "best bang for my buck" board ?
I waited for subbu v3 DAC with I2S integration but there is still no progression regarding this and I can not wait anymore! ;-)

Thanks in advance.
Ron

Hi Ron, same case for me.:(
I am considering this one instead: curryman-i2s-dac.

Yeah I talked to curryman but the shipping costs are to expensive. About 30$ for shipping to germany. Thats too much.

Still looking for a good solution for the Amanero to get the I2S signals converted to Analog...

Well, try a search on ebay with these keywords: "I2S DAC ES9023".
It will yield at least 2 very unexpensive DACs board. How do they perform - no idea but certainly not to the level of the Subbu or curryman versions.
Another option if you subscribe to the Subbu DAC V3 is to not populate the wolfson part and drive directly the I2S signals (not very handy for the least).

I have a rather strange issue and would value some help...

I am running my Combo384 (latest firmware 1.80 with config 115) with the Quanghao/Andrea ES9018 based DAC from a groupbuy here on diyAudio. My issue is with sampling rates, and I think it is the Combo384 rather than the DAC implementation.

Using Win7/foobar, I have no issues switching between different sample rates with the ASIO drivers ONLY. When using the KS drivers, the sample rates are all over the place. I however use linux, and when switching sample rates on mpd (output device hw:0), the Combo384 has no problems switching into DSD but either remains fixed at 44.1 or some other random rate when playing PCM, with distorted sound. "cat /proc/asound/Amanero/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params" shows the correct rates playing into the card. Funnily enough, if I use hqplayer, it plays fine and switches sample rates correctly. Something weird is going on and I cannot seem to figure it out! I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas.... Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that is the same issue I was having with firmware 1.80. Try downgrading to previous version (1.73). That fixed the problem for me.