• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Recently I have finished my ES9018 DAC with Amanreo. I am using Audirvana plus on Mac mini, however, Audirvana said Amanreo only support PCM but not DSD. Could you tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks all of you!

Attachments

• amanero_9018_q1.jpg
    amanero_9018_q1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 538
My Favorite Cat...

but, what happened?

I started experimenting with a linear power supply, then I wanted to make yourself a cup of tea. So far, everything was beautiful, music in DSD played and so on :).
When I came back with the cup of tea, I saw that our family cat was found on the table something interesting, and he walked on top of it... As the I2S wires were 10cm long and temporary power supply connections was exposed, the f--king cat shorted those wires and that 's it.

Computer shut down immediately, there was a Elgato EyeTV Deluxe DTT usb tuner connected, this is also dead. After restart I found that SPDIF output from computer is heavily distorted, like totally wrong clock or something, so for onboard audiochip game is over. Otherwise seems to working, as I write right now on it.
U2 in Amanero was shorted. I removed this but seems a Atmel processor is gone. 5V (or even more) passes everywhere. After providing correct 3,3V to the rail, there is no change, even after erasing Fash no activity occurs in any computers.

So, this is the most expensive cup of tea in my life (so far :) ) :dead:.

Just realised that there are only 22 on the list for this GB so far. Could be a while until we have 60 names, I wouldn't blame Domenico for not bothering to answer DIYAudio related correspondence until he has something to offer.

Something of a problem for me however, I am flying to Asia in under 3 weeks for the winter and really need a small footprint usb -> i2s interface. Am going there to laptop DJ and was planning on taking a class d amp & dac combo plus some speaker cable to plug into whatever speakers I can find in the bars in Cambodia.