• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Using a Si570 clock board from Ian and manually selecting the frequency -
22/24 Amanero divider set to /1 - OK
45/49 Amanero divider set to /2 - OK
90/98 Amanero divider set to /4 - Not working
Anyone else tried 90/98 ?

Any more updates on this? Has anyone else tried to confirm? Would be good to trace the issue back to its cause, hopefully something that can be fixed easily in another amanero fw upgrade.

Is there any way to get spdif output out of this board?!

And I wanted to ask which one ould you prefer more. This USB-2-I2S Board offered here over the thread or this XMOS Based offered here: XMOS 384kHz high-quality USB to I2S PCB with ultralow noise 6.5uV regulator | eBay

And which PSU would you prefer for this Amanero Board?! Or does it work also without PSU?!

Thanks in advance!

no, not without adding a further PCM->spdif module from someone. it will work USB powered, or with dedicated regulation. its a far superior board to the XMOS linked IMO

Is it working wit Linux (Debian Wheezy Kernel 3.9 ARM) out of the box? If so then I would consider to buy this! Wainting still for the new XMOS based WaveIO board. But this will take some time!

And what I wanted to ask is if there is any Project like the ArduinoLCD Project for the WaveIO to display

Here is the Link to the Project for the WaveIO : http://www.dddac.com/otherprojects_lcd.html

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Any more updates on this? Has anyone else tried to confirm? Would be good to trace the issue back to its cause, hopefully something that can be fixed easily in another amanero fw upgrade.

Whilst waiting for my Si590 oscillators to arrive I lashed up a Fox Expresso FVXO-HC73B-98.3040.

I now have the Amanero working in full sync mode with a 98.3040Mhz MCK.

MCLK frequencies 22.5792MHz, 24.5760MHz, 45.1584MHz, 49.1520 MHz also work.

Waiting for a clock to test 90.3168 MHz.

I can also confirm that Pin 1 (Clock Select) toggles correctly when the Fs group changes.

Pin 11 (Mute) pluses high (not sure how wide the pulse is) when Fs group changes.

Whilst waiting for my Si590 oscillators to arrive I lashed up a Fox Expresso FVXO-HC73B-98.3040.

I now have the Amanero working in full sync mode with a 98.3040Mhz MCK.

MCLK frequencies 22.5792MHz, 24.5760MHz, 45.1584MHz, 49.1520 MHz also work.

Waiting for a clock to test 90.3168 MHz.

I can also confirm that Pin 1 (Clock Select) toggles correctly when the Fs group changes.

Pin 11 (Mute) pluses high (not sure how wide the pulse is) when Fs group changes.

Not too shabby at all.