• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

I try the external power for Amanero, I removed IC regular 3.3v and connect 3.3V/100mA to pins 3.3V on board. I measured all ok,IC regular 1.8V is ok, but PC cannot detect Amanero. Anyone try and have problem like me?.

Amanero board must be fed after plug USB. The best way to obtain this is one relay driven by +5v of USB. This relay connect (USB plug) or disconnect (USB unplug) your external supply to Amanero board.

Linux and USB 3.0

If anyone has had trouble with a Linux distro not detecting the Combo384 when connected to a USB 3.0 port, Domenico has release new firmware V. 1.069 that fixes this problem. It worked flawlessly for me using OpenSUSE 12.2 and an Asus P8H67M-Pro mainboard.

The new firmware shows up in the 110a version of the update tool (link in the ASIO drivers post), not sure if it will be available in previous update tool versions.

Thanks Domenico for your fantastic product support.

Yes, it does work. I get a few audio glitches once a while, but I'm pretty sure that it would be fixed if I inserted a powered USB hub in the chain.
I'm putting off doing that since I'm planning on powering it from a separate power supply (and I'm guessing that that will fix the problem anyway).