• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Originally Posted by merlin2069er
Ok, I'm still investigating what I should be hooking up to the amanero.

If you have any suggestions - please post them here.

Qusp - nice gallery on head-hifi.

Hi,

I'm looking at the ES9018, PCM1794 and DSD1794. Would prefer at least 384 kHz/DSD256

but to my knowledge not available in any other chip than the ES9018 (?) - which costs ~ USD 66 from ismosys. BTW any of you know of a less expensive source for these?

Greetings,

Jesper

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Might this be what you're looking for?

Greetings,

Jesper

Oups, I can see that I can't attach excel spreadsheets. Anyway, salas (I think) has made a spreadsheet that makes calculating values easier. If you PM me I can send it to you - it doesn't show up on a search here but the sheet is named:

SSLV1.1 Calculator V1a

Jesper

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
And then I have an issue with updating the firmware :-( Followed the steps in the "how to" link:

Amanero Technologies

but when trying to download the new firmware, the configtool.exe says "Please erase the Device" ... ? It says so even if I unplug the device...

My guess would be that the device is erased already since windows tried to install a new driver when I re-plugged it.

Any experiences with this?

Appreciate help :)

Jesper

Attachments

• amanero1.jpg
    amanero1.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 632
Did you follow the instructions on the "How to" page?
After erasing the device you need to disconnect it, and once you plug it in again and it is detected by Windows as an unkwon device you need to install the driver that comes in the same zip as the tool. It will be then identified as an "USB to serial device" only then you can update the firmware.

Yesterday I did a temporary hook up to my BII, connecting in place of the Mux which I use for SPDIF input from a Squeezebox Touch and a Musiland USD 1 driven from my PC. Had no problems getting it working with the PC (Windows 7 and Fedora) and initial impressions are very positive - it's clean in operation (no clicks or background noise), I haven't noticed any of the common Buffalo drop outs and it sounds good.

I tried it with the Touch using the Enhanced Digital Output (EDO) mod and this worked very well too. I can now play 192k from the touch. Result.

Needless to say I'm very happy with this board. Wish I had bought two (or three). Thank you Amanero!

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Jackal29a & neskor

First, thanks for replying to my need for help :)

Did you follow the instructions on the "How to" page?
After erasing the device you need to disconnect it, and once you plug it in again and it is detected by Windows as an unkwon device you need to install the driver that comes in the same zip as the tool. It will be then identified as an "USB to serial device" only then you can update the firmware.

I did exactly as described in the update "how to" and first off windows detected that this was an unknown device and that drivers was needed (or a wording with this meaning). However, windows didn't do anything & the config tool kept writing "please erase the device ..."

Also, when I plugged-in the board the computer gave a "do-do" sound as if it had registered the device.

Anyway, I went into control panel - hardware manager - devices - and at some point I was able to ask windows to search for a driver. I chose the folder with the update tools and windows apparently installed the driver software.

After this I was able to download the new firmware and it apparently installed what should be installed (?). Now it appears as a device in "devices" in the control panel.

So, I hope it works, and that the next step is to make the DAC so that I can listen ;-)

Greetings,

Jesper