• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

I found this in xu208-256 datasheet, so i already understood:)

Attachments

• 220634.png
    220634.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 127
USB enumeration should work with only DP, DM and GND lines. VBUS (5V) can be provided from other source than USB host as it is not used in enumeration. So this problem is probably only related to XMOS boards.
What you are saying makes sense, and looking at XMOS' documentation the connection of VBUS to the XMOS device seems to have to do with protection and not enumeration. But I seem to remember the Amanero boards having a similar problem when powered from an outboard power supply.

I am also wondering about such a problem:

I noticed that a popular modification is to remove the L1 choke and supply the amanero with 3.3v through the output terminals.

Wouldn't it be better to supply an external clean 5v at the place where L1 was removed and thus to the input of the local regulator, which is ultra low noise?

Help or insight wanted/needed.... Small but very annoying problem with Amanero board I bought in the group buy years ago:
When playing 384kHz content it will sometimes 'glitch' resulting in distorted (metallic) sound. Pause/play does not fix it, where a hard Stop and Play usually fixes the problem. Sometimes it just keeps glitching and I need to pull the USB plug out and restart. A google search didn't give me significant results.
Uninstalling the driver and reinstalling didn't help.
Power supply stabilized with 2200uF cap directly on USB connector, so that is not the problem.
The SDATA and BCLK signals appear to be early with respect to LRCLK; testing with 20ns delay helps but doesn't resolve the problem completely.
Problem occurs with Jriver and Winamp for example, but not with Chrome browser playing Szynalski tone generator.
If this is a known issue I'm sorry I missed it, but confirmation that other people have the same problem is also valuable.
Any help or insight in how to fix this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Testing with DSO revealed that the I2S output coming from Amanero contained incorrect data when I experience the glitch/choppy sound. Further testing revealed that using the WASAPI output setting in JRiver leads to occasional glitch problems, where KS and ASIO settings in Jriver are no problem.
Also when the Play silence for hardware synchronization option is set to 1 second, the glitch is present with WASAPI output option selected.
Any ideas?