• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Joined 2009
Paid Member
While waiting......

What is the module's power requirement?
I read on glt's blog that the USB power is being filtered, but I also see a 3V3 header:confused:
So is it USB-powered, external powered, or both? Selectable?
If external power is required what is the current draw?

From one of the YouTube videos of the device, I see a drop down menu in the Mac OS control panel for the device where the sample rate is being chosen....
Does that mean that the I2S output sample rate is chosen here, independently of the original sample rate of the file?

Grazie,

Nic

What is the module's power requirement?
I read on glt's blog that the USB power is being filtered, but I also see a 3V3 header:confused:
So is it USB-powered, external powered, or both? Selectable?
If external power is required what is the current draw?

From one of the YouTube videos of the device, I see a drop down menu in the Mac OS control panel for the device where the sample rate is being chosen....
Does that mean that the I2S output sample rate is chosen here, independently of the original sample rate of the file?

Grazie,

Nic

The module is self powered (USB VBUS) in the output connector you have 3.3V from the LDO. For example you can use this pin to know when the cable is plugged.

If you don't like the USB VBUS supply, you can remove the LDO and power the module directly from the 3.3V pin present in the output connector.

About the sample rate menu: In MacOS by default the sample rate is fixed. Audio Midi Setup let you choose the default sample rate. If you want a variable sample rate you need to use a dedicated player.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks!
What is the power consumption from the USB VBUS?
Is the relevant LDO the SOT device seen just below the silkscreen R6 label on the photo you posted?
What is the P3 header for?
What are the DSDOE and TMD.C headers for?
Are these (and the MUTE header) pulled high or low when activated?

The device has an extremely simple interface so I guess I have now run out of questions:)

Cheers,

Nicolai

the power consumption is about 600 mW at max speed. LDO near R6 is the right one. P3 is used to erase the flash and force a firmware update via USB.

DSD_OE is 1 when a DSD stream is incoming.

The pin called Mute has been assigned to PIN 11 and is asserted to 1 when a sample rate change is incoming or when there is a stream format change DSD / I2S you can use this pin to avoid noise when the dsd is detected.

The pin 6 is the Master Clock MCLK 22,5792Mhz or 24.576Mhz.

TWC.D is an I2C bus, i m preparing a ConfigTool that let's the user configure Events in the module. For example you can assign I2C address and values to put in the I2C bus when the volume is changing or when a sample rate is changing. blah blah

:)
Domenico

PS
For each package there is a note with output connector description.