• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

A New Power Amplifier Kit!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You may have seen the updatemydynaco kits for improving the Dynaco Stereo 120 and PAT-4.

Many of my customers have lamented the lack of a from the ground up power amplifier kit. Well, lament no more!!!

The GT100 is a 50+ WPC basic power amplifier, in the form of a complete kit. You just add solder and some assembly.

I'm looking at doing this in the style of Groupon...With critical mass, the deal
can fly. Be a part of the fortunate 44...take a look here for the details:

GT100 Power Amplifier

All the best...

Dan

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The GT100 and ST120 update modules appear to be chip-amp based amplifiers. If they were to be based on discretes like the original,
there might be more opportunity for a DIY to have a bit of fun and perhaps experience the classic Dynaco sound of the era.
I guess you've tried that approach in the past but is it not viable?

Great quality and value for what is offered, all the same. :)

To me, the chip-amps are attractive because, done right, they sound great, and as a kit, the first time success rate of builders is very high.

It turns out that of the people who buy the 120 replacement amp modules, some leave it stock...others will do the diy kind of tweaks...super capacitors, larger capacitors, changed resistor types and values...Most of that stuff is just fine...I usually ask that they start out with something pretty stock so they have a point of reference.

Like the old Dynaco stuff, I try to use commonly available parts, and even higher quality stuff, and make the manual quite comprehensive in its information, so the amp could be maintained, upgraded, and enjoyed by the enterprising diy'er for many years.

Thanks for the kind words about the project.

Links to the rotatable pdf's now repaired

The description page has pdf's with rotatable views. The links were broken, but now are repaired. Make sure that your Acrobat Reader is up to date before you download the files for a look-see.

Make sure to also look at the assembly manual...even the old Acrobat reader deals with that without problems.

Maybe Chipamps is a better place...The amp channels are based on LM3886.

You're also correct...the total power is Greater than 100 Watts...

That's Greater than 50 watts per channel...

GT100 was named that way for a measure of parallelism with the old Dynaco Stereo 120...Actually, each channel will put out a bit more than 60 Watts into 8 Ohms before clipping.

Yes...it is a complete kit...it includes heatsinks, chassis, switchgear, power cord, connectors, electronics...everything except solder...The idea is a current day implementation of the Dynaco, Eico, or Heathkit experience...

Attachments

• AssembledPwrSupply.jpg
    AssembledPwrSupply.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 313
  • BackPanelArtwork.png
    BackPanelArtwork.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 308
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.