• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ODAC offerings from Various Vendors

Do you want an ODAC back panel for the O2?

• yes for sure!

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • I want to use the ODAC as stand alone unit.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • I'd rather wait for the ODA...

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ODAC / O2 order spreadsheet up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkTbnFJ2yfzvdHZWbWJnSzBGTnBIUWpvaTJ2T3FPbXc

enter the quantity you want for each item and it should calculate the total for you. For now I will charge a $15 flat rate shipping for Canada / USA and $20 flat rate for everywhere else.

once you figure out what you want, paypal me the amount and either your diyaudio.com name or your name on facebook and I will mark the paypment on the spreadsheet, print the labels and send it out starting monday. make sure that the name and address is correct since the label will be printed from paypal!

-joe

My ODAC arrived today from Epiphany Acoustics - works brilliantly, currently running it from Winamp, was literally plug and play. Output level is very good, no need to use more than half volume at low gain with my O2.
Lovely clean, detailed sound - ODAC + O2 = winning combination!
Thanks again to RocketScientist for another brilliant design, and to Ollie for supplying the board.

Could I ask that some/one of you diy experienced types detail the connection between O2 and ODAC? I'm trying to retrofit my O2 and have followed the terse directions I find here and there, with no success. It would help me check my work and learn. Thanks in advance!

Hi, there is a brief description in the general discusion thread, you can find it at Manufacturers - Head 'n' HiFi - Walter. Sorry, posting from my cell else I would have posted the link, but am sure you'll find it ;)

Stefan

As I understand it, the ODAC is supplied without a connector. Ollie offered me the option of having a 3.5mm stereo jack fitted for an extra £2, so my ODAC just plugs straight into my O2 with a jack to jack cable. I'm sure some people will want to fit the ODAC inside their O2 case, but it would be necessary to remove the batteries to do that, so it suits me better to have the ODAC separate. Now all I need to do is devise a case for the ODAC...:)

I received an ODAC and believe it could be mounted on the "underside" of the O2 board and still retain the batteries in the original case. Just mount it on the opposite side of the batteries. with a tiny bit of filing to the ODAC pcb sides it will fit. Unless there is something Im missing(quite possible). I would like to retain the batteries on this unit.

Any opinions?

Thank You.

I received an ODAC and believe it could be mounted on the "underside" of the O2 board and still retain the batteries in the original case. Just mount it on the opposite side of the batteries. with a tiny bit of filing to the ODAC pcb sides it will fit. Unless there is something Im missing(quite possible). I would like to retain the batteries on this unit.

Any opinions?

Thank You.

Surely not in the B2-080 case? I can't see there being enough space internally. If you do have a case to fit it all in then you could keep the batteries.

Okay, I doubled checked and it fits, the micro usb jack and the thingy with the copper wire spooled around it contacts the case, I took some pictures but have not figured out how to upload them to this site yet. I have no "albums and pictures" link in my user control panel, which should be there according to the site FAQ.

bye for now.

Okay, I doubled checked and it fits, the micro usb jack and the thingy with the copper wire spooled around it contacts the case, I took some pictures but have not figured out how to upload them to this site yet. I have no "albums and pictures" link in my user control panel, which should be there according to the site FAQ.

bye for now.

When you do a post, scroll down to Manage Attachment, there you can add the photos :)

DAC / O2 order spreadsheet up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WpvaTJ2T3FPbXc

enter the quantity you want for each item and it should calculate the total for you. For now I will charge a $15 flat rate shipping for Canada / USA and $20 flat rate for everywhere else.

everything is in stock except for the front panels, which will come early june. I have started to ship the other orders already!

-joe

Pics added with ODAC "crammed" inside B2-080 case with Objective 2 amp with batteries still in tact. The pics are of a test fit, I have not burnt any solder yet.

Please note, the micro "copper spool"(exposing the depth of my knowledge here). does contact the inside of the case bottom, as does the micro usb connector. Any possible issues with this?

Attachments

• IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    908.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    960.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 206
Pics added with ODAC "crammed" inside B2-080 case with Objective 2 amp with batteries still in tact. The pics are of a test fit, I have not burnt any solder yet.

Please note, the micro "copper spool"(exposing the depth of my knowledge here). does contact the inside of the case bottom, as does the micro usb connector. Any possible issues with this?

I would suspect the coil that is touching the case is not going to be a problem, since the top looks plastic (an isolator). As far as I know the outside of the USB connector is also connected to earth and can potentially cause earth loops. But that is easily heard. Else put some isolation tape on top to isolate it.

I was wondering if you only use 3 screws for the back plate, since the ODAC pcb is in the way of the screw thread in the case. And how much pressure is put on the O2 pcb by this. I would be nervous if there is pressure on the bottom near the USB connector, that this would flex the 02 pcb leading to breakage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.