• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex Ncore Chassis by cOz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow that is some standard. I measured all my equipment and it is indeed 17". So the question remains, does a dual mono version of an Ncore Amp make more sense in a 17" wide chassis or one that is just wide enough to accomidate the amps.

Right now, I'm thinking that the 17" chassis will go into production. I am also thinking of no switching on the front and a laser engraving of the Ncore logo. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

19" rack mount (~1 in. wide case plus another inch on each side for the rack mounting ears) is the standard for professional audio; the vast majority of consumer audio is between 17 and 17 1/2 in. wide.

Wow that is some standard. I measured all my equipment and it is indeed 17". So the question remains, does a dual mono version of an Ncore Amp make more sense in a 17" wide chassis or one that is just wide enough to accomidate the amps.

Right now, I'm thinking that the 17" chassis will go into production. I am also thinking of no switching on the front and a laser engraving of the Ncore logo. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Hi, I certainly hope to order soon one or two of your chassis they are nice. Since you are refinning the concept please note that as a standard in the industry the power connection at the rear of the units are to the right when looking at them facing the rear.
Personnaly I don't care much for the engraving on the front only a power on light indicator is needed, and also the off/on switch could be on the back panel near or with the power connector.
My 2 cents.;)

My preference: the chassis is as small as possible for the intended use, with no negative impact on performance.

Images best taken outdoors, the hazier/more overcast the better, never in direct sunlight. The color of the backdrop (cloth, whatever) should contrast a little with the subject but avoid huge differences (white vs. black is the worst combination).

Last edited:

Thanks,
Robert

Most companies who make dual purpose (rack and stand alone) have add on (screw on) ears that make up the difference. Most stereo equipment however just happily sits on a nineteen inch shelf in a normal rack with a bit of room on each side so you can grab it and position it. Stay with 17"

There are a few things to mention. The right side is designed so the PS and amp module can be mounted forward or backward. This allows the builder to make the call if they would like perfect symmetry (all forward) or avoid any wire crosses (left forward, right backward).

In six weeks time, I will also have face plates available with the Ncore logo. I also have a goal of having both cases in stock.

Thanks,
Robert

I started a customer build gallery.

One of my customers was kind enough to snap some very nice high resolution photos. Check them out here Customer Builds of Ncore - cOz's Cables You can email me if you want super high res photos.

If you are interested in an amp but don't want/know how to build your own you can contact me for a list of people that can provide assistance.

For international customers, PM or Send an Inquiry through my website about exact shipping costs to your country.

I have also created custom RCA to Balanced interconnect wires for a customer. If you are interested, please contact me.

Thanks,
Robert cOz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.