• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Intelligent Curve Tracer 3.0 release

Locky,
No Vcc2 on collector of Q1 and 2. I have replaced Q2-4 and still no Vcc2 on collector of q1. I have not replaced q1, as i do not have any. You mentioned Q7 being a possibility, but I do not have a part number and it is a position that is difficult to see. Would you mind giving that to me so I can get it on the way.

The power supply to Vcc2 by PMOS//R20,
The Vcc2 have some voltage unless Q1-Q4 is shorted or R20 is break.

320139d1356745562-diy-curve-tracer-pc-protect.png

Q7 is the 'pnp',it between R48 and R50.

Q2 Q3 collect connect Vcc2
Q1 Q4 collect connect GND
attachment.php

The over current led light, the reason may be:
320139d1356745562-diy-curve-tracer-pc-protect.png

1.Q7(2sa970) C-E is shorted or turned on
2.PMOS G-S is shorted.

if the Vcc2(Q2/Q3collect voltage) is near Vcc, but over-currebt led still light.this mean there are no over current.
Then you can short the portect_sw( it is near the over-currect led,but not install),the sw will short Q7 B-E,If Q7 is ok,then Q7 will cutoff, and the led will not light.
If LED still light, may PMOS G-S is short.

Attachments

• a1.PNG
    a1.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:
Locky,
I have the the tracer workinf again, but now I am getting very ragged response and cannot even measure in the same way before. Seems unstable. I replaced both the PMos and the Q7 with alternate transistors. I assumed this was not an issue due to the fact that they are not active in the actual measuring process/ Could this be causing my problems? Also, Although I have never cased it up, shold this help performance, providing a sheild from RF or other interferences?

I just got one curve tracer.
I am very happy with it....it seems to work wonderfully!

I have one question: Do I need to calibrate the board? I think that once calibration file is sent along with the SW Package.
Does it mean that calibration has been already performed and I don't need to do anything else?
I also was wondering hjow to adjust change scale on the axis it seems to be a little fiddly!

I agree. You should also test out the script locky wrote to do the MOSFET characteristic curves (you know Id vs Vds at different Vgs) - I think he's posted it either here or on his yahoo user group.

Unfortunately the curve tracer doesn't seem to work very well with Windows 8 but I'm guessing an update will come out eventually that will fix the problem. I love it so I am keeping my win 7 laptop alive to run it ;))

Last edited: