• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Europe Audio - dreadful experience

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't usually use forums to badmouth companies, but I've had such a dreadful experience with Europe Audio that I feel it is my duty to warn the lovely people of diyAudio to stay away from them.

I ordered a pair of Tangband W3-871 fullrange drivers from them, as they were one of the only places I could find them in Europe & they had slightly cheaper shipping than the others. The webpage clearly showed & described W3-871 drivers, with their nice aluminium phase plugs, but also mentioned a 3-5 day lead time. I was fine with that, I was in no great rush to receive them.

I sent them an email to their sales@ email address on the 8th just to ask if they had an updated estimate of when they would be getting the stock. No response.

I sent them another email on the 11th, this time to all 3 of the email addresses on their site, again asking for an update on the order. Again no response.

By the 21st (17 days after making the order) I was getting a bit annoyed, so I sent them another email, again to all of their addresses, telling them that I would open a PayPal dispute if they didn't contact me within 2 days. No response, but the following day I got an automated despatch notification by email. Whether this was coincidence, or whether they read my email & actually did something about it, I can't tell.

I hoped that would be the last of the headaches, but the drivers arrived today & they aren't even the right ones. They've sent me W3-871C which don't have the nice aluminium phase plugs & instead have cheap silver-painted paper dust caps. They've even put a sticker saying "W3-871" over the W3-871C label on the box.

Normally I would demand a refund & return them, but considering they have never responded to my emails I doubt they would respond to a request for a refund. In addition, I very much doubt they would cover the cost of me sending the incorrect drivers back to them (I live in the UK, so the cost of shipping them back to NL wouldn't be inconsequential).

As I said, I don't like using forums to badmouth companies, but I don't want anybody else to suffer such bad service as I have. I should've searched these forums before I made the order as I have now found at least one other horror story about Europe Audio. Hopefully my story will add to the others & help establish a wider boycott of them amongst people on this forum as well as Googlers who come across this thread.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I hoped that would be the last of the headaches, but the drivers arrived today & they aren't even the right ones. They've sent me W3-871C which don't have the nice aluminium phase plugs & instead have cheap silver-painted paper dust caps. They've even put a sticker saying "W3-871" over the W3-871C label on the box.

I doubt they did that, most distributors won't even look in the boxes, opening and resealing costs time and money. Do they have a phone number on the website? I'd give them a call.

Obviously we understand your frustration, and the lack of response is troubling.

I would like to suggest, however, that you do contact them and give them a chance to resolve the problem. If they do respond favourably, you're ahead of the game. If they don't, then your criticism is fair and reasonable.

The thing is, in cases where the company really is substandard, if you don't attempt to resolve it you give them the opportunity to blame you for the issue (basically, along the lines of "yes, well with regard to this particular order, we always give awesome service when there's an issue but the customer didn't even give us a chance to fix it").

I doubt they did that, most distributors won't even look in the boxes, opening and resealing costs time and money.
I'm talking about the outside of the box. They've applied their own sticker/label (with 'Europe Audio' branding on it) that reads W3-871, directly over the end of the box where Tangband applied the original sticker that says W3-871C. I can still see & feel the original W3-871C sticker underneath the Europe Audio W3-871 sticker.

Do they have a phone number on the website? I'd give them a call.
I don't especially want to waste any more money on them by making an international phone call & probably ending up in a queue.

I would like to suggest, however, that you do contact them and give them a chance to resolve the problem.
I have already emailed all 3 of their email addresses again since receiving the wrong product. But considering they didn't respond to any of my previous emails I am not holding out hope that they will respond to this one.

lucky me ,,
i did once buy from them ,,
some capasitor and inductor for my passive xover project, a couple month a go
it went smooth with no trouble , with a delay on shipping only.
i forgot whom i place my order ,, but this guy very good in therm of responding
i think you must try to contact your sales person whom you order with..
hope you end in good result

cheers ,, :)

lost eden, how did it went for you? Ive ordered things for over a month ago, and nothing happens. Ive wrote tons of email and called them atleast 40 times over the last 2 weeks, and i never get one single response. And i dont have a clue how to get my money back since i needed the parts fast, and now i stand here with no money on the company and things that wont come...

I also had a bad experience with Europe Audio a little while back.

I emailed them asking if they had two Hypex plate amplifiers in stock. They emailed me back straight away saying that they did.

I ordered two Hypex plate amplifiers. After several weeks, I contacted them and was told they didn't have any in stock.

I finally receive the items to find that one of them doesn't work.

After months more of lies and poor communication, I finally get a replacement (after sending the broken one back at my own cost). The replacement was the wrong voltage!

I ended up buying a voltage converter cos I couldn't bear dealing with that a**hole ever again.

and a year on......no change

I ordered 4 drivers from Europe Audio at the beginning of September..... by the beginning of November there was no sign of the drivers coming into stock.....I told Europe Audio to cancel the order and send me a refund. I got no reply to my request and have sent several more messages to Jean Benoist and Europe, but I'm still waiting for a full refund.....
Get your act together Jean....it's not good enough. I get better service on eBay from amateurs !!!
I no longer want the drivers just my money back.
I have asked my bank to try to recover the money via a chargeback.....hope they have more success than me....want my £379.35 back......not happy :mad:

Update, I got my stuff a week ago but they never responded to me during or after the process. Obviously someone is actively working there, because nothing was missing from my pretty complex order.
What is sad is that they have a wide selection of components and now I don't dare to use their services in a while.

Europe Audio

I have seen the comments about Europe Audio and my own experience bears them out. My suggestion is that potential customers should read the experiences of others and then decide if they wish to use the company. In the meantime my son is short of materials to complete his Design Technology project.
Does anyone know a telephone number that gets answered in this company, the one on the website certainly does not. :mad:

I haven't used Europe audio, the drivers i sought were out of stock temporarily, so i ordered from Strassacker instead. Ive not had an issue with their service. Europe audio has some drivers that i couldn't find elsewhere though, but in wary of backorder situations from previous experiences with RS

I had a terrible experience with them as well, especially their inability to reply to even a single email (of which there were many).

After 4 weeks of no response, I finally gave up and filed a PayPal claim - lo and behold I got a tracking number. To this day I've had no actual Email interaction with them. I will NEVER deal with them again.

bmmEA

I had ordered some equipment from EA 3 years ago and no problem.
Recently, I ordered some more equipment making sure to order only "in stock" items.
No luck; after 2 weeks some speakers had changed to back order and after 4 weeks still no sign of delivery.
Tried to email and phone, no answer?
So cancelled order with Paypal.
Will not bother with them anymore.
oI+cRBAaUPPnAMoitQxhNks6hMA6AbEAA7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.