• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Array's Sales

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wanted: Zenith 10" Woofers

Looking for one or more Zenith 49-1265 10" woofers, 8 Ohm impedance, alnico mag. I beleive these were made by Rola for Zenith in the 1970's.

Other markings on the back of the magnet:
28640, 2857527

These use a paper cone and cloth edge.

I have one but am looking for a few more for a personal loudspeaker project. If you have and don't want or need, I'll pay for the shipping (these drivers don't have much marketable value). I may also have a similarly valued driver for swap if there is something you need.

Attachments

• zenith woofer medley (opt).jpg
    zenith woofer medley (opt).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 327
KLH 8" POLY-CARBON DRIVERS 20 Oz Magnet

For sale are new pairs of very good quality KLH 8" Poly-Carbon cone woofers. 4 pairs are available.

Drivers are from the factory in climate controlled storage since (no uv or smoke, stable temperature / humidity, in the dark). Korean made, a quality driver (sold in pairs only).

Attributes:

- Polypropylene, carbon injected cone in black

- Excellent foam surround formulation in stunning red! Will last 20 years.

- Silver flex-leads

- 20 Ounce ceramic magnet

- Basket machined to allow for 8 fasteners instead of 4

- Vented Pole Peice for higher power handling

- 1.5" Voice Coil Diameter, 4 Ohm Impedance

Electrical Parameters provided with each pair.

A quality driver at a very good price $35/pr.

*** Please contact the owner directly for any questions >>> Gary @ 1-204-586-5892 ***

Attachments

• medley.jpg
    medley.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 384
re: KLH PolyCarbon Woofers

Hello Cal, I posted the ad for a friend of mine who doesn't own a computer. He had purchased some of these woofers as replacements and for project speakers. I can ask if he has more than 4 pair. Are you planning a large scale project?

-Chris

WTB Yamaha NS-500 Woofers

Hi, I am looking for a few sets of Yamaha NS-500 woofers. These are 10" paper cone units with an alnico drive, which were mated to Berylium dome tweeters. The woofers were only used in the Yamaha NS-500 (not the 3-way 500M model). Model #JA-2508 appears on the magnet.
I am not interested in the tweeters, just the woofers (I am going to entirely rebuild them with a new different cone and voicecoil). The tweeters are the only item of value in that system. The woofers routinely sell on average for $25 at auction.
If you see a set of NS-500's for cheap, buy them, flip the tweeters for some good coin and sell me the woofers at market value. Drop me a line if you come across these or see a pair out there... thanks kindly!

Attachments

• ns500 woofer medley.jpg
    ns500 woofer medley.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 330
LF or WTB: Zenith Allegro 3000 Woofer

Hi, I am looking for another 10" cloth edged woofer from a Zenith Allegro 3000 loudspeaker. The markings on the magnet structure reads 49-1265. It has an Alnico drive, 2" voicecoil and 8ohm coil. I could trade for something or buy outright (to be honest, these aren't worth much marketwise but are a decent woofer!). I have one woofer and some cabinets I'd like to retrofit for a homemade system. Drop me a line if you've got one. I am out of Winnipeg, so within Canada would be the best. Thank you...

Attachments

• zenith woofer medley (opt).jpg
    zenith woofer medley (opt).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 351
KLH Model 30 $40/pr

For Sale: 1 pair of KLH Model 30 2-way loudspeakers circa 1960's, fuly functional.

More of a rare bird, according to KLH afficionados.

Real Veneer Cabinets.

Covers included, as are KLH logos.

Local pickup only, C$40 / pair

Attachments

• klh model 30 medley.jpg
    klh model 30 medley.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 405
Nuance Spatial Baby 2x

Offered are a pair of NUANCE (www.nuanceaudio.com) SPATIAL BABY 2X floorstanding loudspeakers in excellent condition. Fully functional, ready for use.

The SPATIAL Baby is a tall (standing 5'6" in height) 4-way system with each enclosure comprised of a 1" textile dome tweeter and 6.5" polymer cone midrange (both driver types utilizing proprietary waveguides), coupled to a 10" cone mid-bass driver with the ultra-low frequencies alotted to additional dual 10" subwoofers each with 300watt built-in amplification. Each subwoofer employs dedicated frequency division adjustable for gain and crossover point.

If you have ever heard this system before, you will know it is not for the squeamish. C$2300 / pair.

Attachments

• spatial baby medley - opt.jpg
    spatial baby medley - opt.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 155
*** OWN ONE OF THE WORLDS' BEST DAC's - The MEITNER BIDAT ***

Here is your chance to own one of the worlds greatest DAC processors, the inimitable MEITNER BIDAT with MUSEATEX upgrades. Second only to the world reknown MEITNER IDAT, the BIDAT has a legendary pedigree. High resolution pictures of the unit perched atop a pair of Tannoy Royal Blues upon request. Undeniably the BIDAT is an incredible peice of audio engineering, as you will read below.

The Bidat incorporates similar technology to the Meitner IDAT, setting it apart from the others, and includes a few enhancements of its own.

*** The BIDAT Design Features include:

C-Lock™ anti-jitter input receiver with digitally activated oscillator control.

Dual transformers.

Four layer printed circuit board.

16 to 20 bit digital audio word input.

IDAT™ interpolation algorithm.

Combination 7350/1547 single bit output.

*** General Features:

Museatex chassis with mahogany wood side panels.

Selectable inputs (4): AES, TOSLINK, Coax, ST Glass. Selectable absolute phase. Balanced and single ended analog outputs. Optional Pre-amp remote. IEC power cord.

*** Specifications Electrical Digital filtering: 8X over sampling, DSP based "Intelligent" design.

Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 Khz +0, -0.5 dB. Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: -90dB Jitter: Less than 10 PS. No periodic jitter.

Crystal based PLL clock recovery system.

Inter channel difference (dB level/Ratio): 0.10 dB or better.

Noise, optical and electrical inputs (30 KHz BW): Less than 90 dB.

Inputs: ST glass optical, TOSlink optical (EIA), 75 Ohm coaxial, AES/EBU broadcast standard (XLR).

Outputs: Balanced stereo pair (XLR) 600 Ohms. Unbalanced pair (RCA) 300 Ohms.

Output Level: 3.5Volts RMS (Maximum) Physical Dimensions: 3" X 14.5" X 13.5" Weight: 17 Lbs.

Wired remote volume control included.

On to the MUSEATEX Updates ---------

The "Super Mod" The Bidat was originally designed with 3 separate crystal-based voltage controlled oscillators. This was unique because we had the crystals specially made to be 'pull-able' around the sample rates of 33, 44.1 and 48 KHz. This scheme worked well only if the signal coming from the digital source was within the S/PDIF spec.

In real life, many sources are not. The "super-mod" gets rid of these crystals and replaces the front-end PLL with another Meitner innovation - one that allows the Bidat to track the input even if the digital source is off-spec. The super mod is an extensive upgrade. In addition to the above, it includes changes to the power supply, power inlet, digital front-end and analog outputs.

The cost of this upgrade was $250.00 USD. The analog stage has been revised as has the power supply decoupling and the lock detection circuitry. More importantly, the DAC chip is modified to run in a much more linear fashion with lower distortion. The result is a breath taking experience. The bass rolls out at you now with a tremendous sense of foundation. The sound stage is absolutely life like and the subtle inner detail is beyond description. The Bidat Switching Power Supply.

In short, if you want what is arguably the worlds best outboard DAC, then your long search has ended. Price shall be: $2750CDN. All things considered, this is a tremendous value.

Recent Audiogon sellers of the exact same unit with identical mods realized over US$3000. Serious enquiries only please.

Attachments

• meitner bidat 1 - opt.jpg
    meitner bidat 1 - opt.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,044
*** Midrange Madness *** 7 pair for only $80! Made in Canada

For sale are 14 5inch midranges, quality manufactured in Canada by Cambridge Speakers Inc.

Although no longer in business, Cambridge was one of Canadas largest manufacturers of loudspeaker drivers and supplied drivers to Mirage, Energy and Paradigm to name a few.

All units fully functional and ready for use. They are used but in excellent condition, presentable in any baffle.

Multifaceted; useful in many, many loudspeakers that were manufactured over the years.

- 1" 8OHM voicecoil on aluminum former

- Treated paper cone

- Sealed rear chamber (Cambridge used a fibreglass stuffing ring within for smoother response)

- Magnet structure choices are square and round. The round are a larger ceramic ring. 4 pair round, 3 pair square. All drivers are identical except for magnet structure.

- Treated with real compound, the cloth edge remains permanently flexible, never any replacement required (unlike foam).

$80 for the 7 pair and as a lot - that is only $5.70 a peice!

Stock up because you'll never know when you need a quality midrange.

Attachments

• midrange medley slimmed.jpg
    midrange medley slimmed.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 580
WANTED - Hitachi Tweeters H-22 MH-35

Hi, I am looking for some Hitachi tweeters, two different pairs in total. The first is a set of model MH-35 which come a pair of HS-400.

The second set is model H-22 from a pair of HS-530

The HS-530 is a 3-way, the HS-400 a two way.

The drivers used aluminum diaphragms. i have the systems but the tweeters are lightly toasted. I'd rather put in some working ones than rebuild the ones I have.
I have pictures if you need them for ID purposes...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.