• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Array's Sales

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rear Label Shot

Rear shot

Attachments

• tweeter rear label -diy.jpg
    tweeter rear label -diy.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 425
*NEW* FOSTER Horn Loaded Tweeters $31/pr

For sale are a pair of NOS Japanese made Foster Horn Loaded Tweeters.

Never used, ready for use. *Perfect* condition.

8 Ohm impedance, 1" phenolic/textile diaphragm, Alnico drive magnet, ABS construction w/ exponential flare, 3.5" faceplate. An excellent little tweeter with plenty of chirp.

C$31.50/pr

Attachments

• foster abs horn -diy.jpg
    foster abs horn -diy.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 398
Hi Dave, I bought a supply of these a number of years ago. There are a few different ceramic styles with several horn variations on the same theme. The Alnico structure on these is nice because they can be run as an open back driver but most ceramics are sealed only, even with the cans removed. There's only one ceramic I've seen that uses a relieved backplate.

SONY SCD-1 Deck - SACD/CD Masterpeice

One of the best CD players in the world regardless of price, the SONY SCD-1 in beautiful condition. Fully functional, un-modified, low hours and no issues. For those interested in purchasing and owning this statement peice, please contact.

*** All the particulars including pricing are compiled in a PDF file which will be emailed to serious parties. ***

Attachments

• top remote cd - cam.jpg
    top remote cd - cam.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 242
WTB - Phenolic Ring Paper Cone Tweeters

I'm looking for pairs of "phenolic ring" paper cone tweeters (as pictured). There were two varieties made: a 1/2" and 3/4" coil. I'd like to monkey with the 3/4" version (diameter of the dustcap = V.C. diameter).

Basically, and realistically, I'm looking for a fellow DIY'er (living in CANADA) who wants to be paid for his efforts putting them in a box and sending them out. I know for certain there's 1000's of these tweeters out there and they command peanuts on the market. I doubt I'll get a reply to this post but one never knows.

Attachments

• phenolic ring.jpg
    phenolic ring.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 259
you wouldn't believe how hard these are to actually find these days! I had a pair of DLK (made in MN) speakers that used these and one had been damaged. I looked for MONTHS! and never could find one!

While these tweeters are not sliced bread by any means, they are very listen able in various speakers. My Old KLH's use these under a perforated grill and i listen to them in my shop everyday. still good sound. They beat 90% of the mass market home box crap anyday!

Phenolic ring around the collar

These tweeters seem to be like buses, theres' lots of them but they're never around when you want one. Sooo many manufacturers put them into their setups that they've become synonymous with 1970's hi-fi, much like the 12" 3-way.

It's surprising you had to look high and low for a suitable pair. But, then again maybe not simply because no one pays them any mind. Flippers aren't going to list them to make them available to the market, and rightly so because there's no money to be had.

I think perhaps only Pioneer makes those offered at around 9 bucks a peice, and they'd be Chinese produced by now. Interestingly, this post is #3 on Google right now for search terms "phenolic ring cone tweeter" which goes to show the lack of popularity of that tweeter.

I'd like to bag some more Marslands or RSC's, just to keep it Canadian.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
EPI used them in some of their small 2 way speaker systems with the 8" woofer.

Lafayette and Scott also used them in similar but slightly bigger systems.

Jensen did too, and might even have made them at some point.

You might try a thrift shop, Morgan Memorial or a salvation army store.

Craigslist might get you some leads as well if you advertise for cheap 2 way speaker systems there.

You may be in luck....

I think I have a pair that looks like your pic. They came from a pair of Marantz Imperial 6-g's that were a donor for the set I was restoring. I have no need for them.

I'm new to this forum but if you e-mail me I can dig them out of the garage and see if they will be of use to you.

Re: You may be in luck....

dogwan said:
I think I have a pair that looks like your pic. They came from a pair of Marantz Imperial 6-g's that were a donor for the set I was restoring. I have no need for them.

I'm new to this forum but if you e-mail me I can dig them out of the garage and see if they will be of use to you.

Hey Dog, thats' a mighty fine offer of you. I was looking for somebody like yourself, but in Canada, who had a pair or two they no longer wanted. The Marantz tweeters you have are probably by CTS (blue cones?). The basis for requiring some of these PR tweeters is to construct an old time Canadian hi-fi dedication system. RSC made them up here, as did Marsland and I think even Cambridge did at one point. I've got some utility grade RSC woofers (out of an old console) I'm going to use with the tweeters. I thought about acquiring some RSC Goldenaire woofers but they aren't readily available. And besides I've already got something that'll work. Thanks again though! Appreciate it.

Hi, I may contact Planet10 if need be. Pioneer made these things for about $8 a pop but they'd be taiwanese or chinese (trying to go Canadian). Rememeber the old Pro-Linear Stage series loudspeakers? I think they may have used Marsland product inside. This project will get done eventually but there are a few others that have to come first. Sansui made an "LM" series loudspeaker which used a cone tweeter. I'd like to see that driver too for a lark...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.