• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Array's Sales

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Postage estimates

Hi, I've had a few enquire about how much shipping is for the Matsu Tweeters. Pragmatically speaking, these are small and lightweight so shipment (anywhere) won't be much obviously.

Each pair has a net weight of just under 1/2 a pound (220g).

After selling many items here and on other forums, with shipments going the world over, I've estimated that 90-95% of enquirers who request a postage quote never end up making a purchase. Making these estimates take time. Therefore, unless the item offered is unusual in it's shipment requirements, postal estimates are no longer provided to any other than a fully committed buyer.

Self Estimates can be made here (shipment from R2M-5R3):

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/personal/findARate?execution=e1s1

Hi! Please send me a total for a pair + shipping to Israel to salamtak[_at_]gmail.com.
Please include your paypal email so i could pay...
Thanks.

Hi,

Each pair has a net weight of just under 1/2 a pound (220g).

After selling many items here and on other forums, with shipments going the world over, I've estimated that 90-95% of enquirers who request a postage quote never end up making a purchase. Making these estimates take time. Therefore, unless the item offered is unusual in it's shipment requirements, postal estimates are no longer provided to any other than a fully committed buyer.

Self Estimates can be made here (shipment from R2M-5R3):

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/ap...execution=e1s1

After buying many items over the world i have used to a simple procedure of puschase:
1. I see some post on some forum with a price w/o shipping.
2. I try to estimate the shipping costs myself, with actual shipping service website.
3. Then, i ask seller how much he want to get for the shipping+item, as seller's preferences on shipping methods and packing may vary. Also, i ask his paypal adress so i could pay.
4. And in the end, i just pay the price the seller wants on item+shipping if it is still reasonable and corresponds to price of shipping i have estimated in step 2.

Yet, i have found out that sellers that respond in aggresively manner, in 95-100% cases actually don't want to sell their items, so i just pass.

After buying many items over the world i have used to a simple procedure of puschase:
1. I see some post on some forum with a price w/o shipping.

Ok, agreed - happens all the time

2. I try to estimate the shipping costs myself, with actual shipping service website.

Ok, sounds good.

3. Then, i ask seller how much he want to get for the shipping+item, as seller's preferences on shipping methods and packing may vary. Also, i ask his paypal adress so i could pay.

Ok, also good.

Shipment methods (that is, surface or air, or insurance) would depend on the buyer. These carrier options are provided for on the Canada Post website you visited as provided by me. It's also up to the buyer to ask if there are any associated handling charges. In this case, none is either charged, implied or mentioned to be charged, as boxing one pair of these tweeters isn't labour intensive.

4. And in the end, i just pay the price the seller wants on item+shipping if it is still reasonable and corresponds to price of shipping i have estimated in step 2.

Sure, very logical.

Yet, i have found out that sellers that respond in aggresively manner, in 95-100% cases actually don't want to sell their items, so i just pass.

It's difficult to gauge sincerity among buyers isn't it. My response is hardly aggressive. I think if you find what I say aggressive then I agree that you will certainly find a high percentage of other sellers who fit your requirements for aggression. I wholeheartedly agree that you should not deal with someone you don't feel comfortable with. I beleive in being self selective, which is why you and I will not be doing business.

In terms of me being sincere in offering these tweeters for sale, I have been to the 3 dozen or so buyers who are enjoying their Matsus worldwide at any given moment. I don't make a habit of posting sale ads on forums, or anyplace else, for my amusement.

December has been a suprisingly busy (considering Christmas) month for Matsu sales with 11 pair sold - some to Australia (several SONAB owners there it seems), Russia and Spain. The fellows in Australia and Russia decided on the Matsus to update their SONAB's while the gent in Spain required a good cone tweeter for a personal project. I'll see if they'll participate in a testimonial to add to the list.

Motherload of Vintage Control Parts 50's - 70's

Huge assortment of vintage control knobs from many, many manufacturers such as SONY, Yamaha, Harman Kardon, NAD, Pioneer, Kenwood, Marantz, Sansui etc. 12 containers full, 20 lbs total, several hundred items all told.

$200 for the works

Many in sets from the same unit.

Assortment consists of tuner, volume, tone and selection control knobs. Also, rocker switch (for power, tone defeat etc) covers. Tonnes of goodies here. 90% are aluminum, indicative of the period.

Will not even remotely consider seperating as this accumulation has been acquired over about 15 years. 200/15 = $13.34 per year - that's nothing.

Again, there's some real good stuff here.

LPG 50FA 2" soft dome midrange pair

One pair LPG 50FA 2" soft dome midranges, ready to use. 8 ohm nominal. Well regarded units, practically useable between .8-10k. Large magnets, made in Germany. Domes are tacky. One dome had tissue paper come across it so some residue can be seen in the photos.

$75 + Canada Post. No offers. Estimate here Canada Post - Mailing, Shipping, Marketing, Shopping, Sharing using R3M-1E3 as origin and say 8lbs weight. North America only SVP

Attachments

• IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1931.JPG
    IMG_1931.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 115
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.