• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Psvane Polyester Copper Foil Caps - 600V rating - starting at $99/pair

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have sourced, tested and tried these Psvane copper foil caps from China. We even have sent them to a high end OEM manufacturer to test it with expensive equipment - the results have been very positive.

They offer great value to money, compared to the well known high end caps on the market.

3 values for the caps are available - 0.11uF, 0.22uF and 0.47uF all rated for 600V. Nearly all amplifiers from China only use 450V rating caps - sometimes this result in reliability issue, especially on 845 amps. By changing out those low rating caps, you will not only improve sound, but also improve reliability.

If you are working on your own project, this will also help you to improve sound quality.

Caps are sold in pairs - listing price as follows:

0.11uF/600V, $99 a pair with free shipping worldwide by registered airmail

0.22uF/600V, $149 a pair with free shipping worldwide by registered airmail

0.47uF/600V, $199 a pair with free shipping worldwide by registered airmail

Detailed information on the caps are listed here: Psvane Beryllium Copper Foil Capacitors

If your country isn't listed for shipping destination on our website, please contact us for shipping quote.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks for looking.

Grant Fidelity

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these caps have Teflon or Polyester dielectric? The website says:

"These Copper foil capacitors are professionally manufacturered with high conductivity anti-oxidization Beryllium copper (BeCu) foil, teflon shielded leads with tin tip, and Dupont highest grade polyester film to achieve the best audio improvements over other type of caps."

That indicates to me that the film is in fact Polyester. Anyone care to put me straight please?

John

Which we now know that they're far from the same thing. ;)

As seen here: AudiogoN Forums: Psvane Teflon capacitors real or fakes?

No they are not same caps as V-cap and our website has been updated with new information acquired from manufacturer. However, this doesn't change the fact the Psvane caps were measured with excellent results by a 3rd party and sonic performance is also outstanding - according to many who have purchased from Grant Fidelity.

They are not real V-cap nor fake V-Cap. They weren't made to copy V-cap. They are simply another creation of hi-fi capacitors for audio - we will leave customers to judge the sound. We sell them as electronic parts and by far, they have passed our quality examination without any problem.

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

Do these caps have Teflon or Polyester dielectric? The website says:

"These Copper foil capacitors are professionally manufacturered with high conductivity anti-oxidization Beryllium copper (BeCu) foil, teflon shielded leads with tin tip, and Dupont highest grade polyester film to achieve the best audio improvements over other type of caps."

That indicates to me that the film is in fact Polyester. Anyone care to put me straight please?

John

Psvane copper foil capacitor has a few things inside: the conductor (in this case it's Beryllium Copper foil); the film (Dupont highest grade Polyester film) and the lead going from one end to the other (Teflon shielded).

This is the information provided by factory.

We do not price the caps based on what plastic film is used - the cost of Teflon film to Polyster film won't significantly impact the production cost; we price it based on factory cost and sound quality. Hence the correction of product information did not result in change of Psvane cap price.

Please forgive me for being pedantic but the title of the thread is currently as follows:

"Psvane Teflon Film Copper Foil Caps - 600V rating - starting at $99/pair"

I think that the Teflon needs to be changed to Polyester in this most prominant title lest it be misleading. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

John

Please forgive me for being pedantic but the title of the thread is currently as follows:

"Psvane Teflon Film Copper Foil Caps - 600V rating - starting at $99/pair"

I think that the Teflon needs to be changed to Polyester in this most prominant title lest it be misleading. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

John

Not sure how to correct the thread title as it was pulled from the first post. Maybe the forum mods can change it.

If you see our first post below - I have changed the title there.

A mylar dielectric has no place in high end electronics. It can be heard every time. Perhaps in auto speaker xovers it is passable. I am not convinced that it cannot be heard even there. Regards (while copper may make them sound better than regular maylar caps, IMHO they are still garbage)

I agree, John. Mylar is terrible, perhaps the worst-sounding dielectric out there, electrolytics excepted. I purchased four of these "teflon" capacitors to see what they're about. I have a good capacitance meter, so I measured them. The DF on these caps was 300-500X that of a good teflon cap. I sent the caps back saying they measure as poorly as mylar, and that I cannot imagine them being anything but given their small size.

Many years ago, Jerry Foreman of Precision Audio Supply introduced me to Teflons-he was a consultant to RelCap. He would get me hermetically sealed milspec teflons . As I remember .22uf600v were somewhere around $75. Frightfully expensive for the day, but the best you get for SQ. Regards

They are not cheap. But if you look at V-cap 0.47uF/600V, they are priced for $209 each = $418 a pair.

Quote from http://shop.grantfidelity.com/Psvane-Capacitors/:

"In short, according to the factory, Psvane caps are made with "Beryllium Copper Foil, the highest grade Dupont Polyester film as dieletric, with Teflon shielded tin tipped leads". They are not a copy of V-Cap; so they are neither real or fake V-Cap. They are simply another creation of high fidelity audio capacitors for audiophiles pursuing better sound."

As this are NOT Teflon-FOIL capacitors, to bring those Psvane caps only remotely in conjunction with real ("V" or whatever) TEFLON FOIL caps is - IMO - outright misleading.
As I see it this seems to be intended.

And as I`m REALLY grumpy today (because of something what concerns attempts digging in other peoples wallets and what in turn has also certain things in common with the topic of this "sort of Teflon" capacitors) I`m going to add this to my previous post:

The mention of "Teflon shielded tin tipped leads" in the description (to sneak in the idea of Teflon somewhere) could maybe still pass through as a "refined" attempt to mislead uninitiated people to suspect that this caps might have something to do with real teflon film caps without outright lying.

BUT to print "Teflon Copper Foil" on the capacitor`s body (see picture in post #1) when the capacitor in fact is made of polyester / Mylar foil is clearly beyond any semantic "finesse".
This can`t be regarded as anything else than a scam. Period.
Sorry for the hard words but it must be allowed to call a duck a duck.

P.S.:
Don`t worry, I won`t rock the boat anymore than this.
I`m going to take a beer and try to cool down.:redhot:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.